Quantcast

Southridge Runs on Friday?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
roberts said:
Can anyone just go to SOuthridge and hike up the road and do some runs?
Yeah, there is a way to shuttle the backside of the mountain. However, I'm not too sure how Donnie has set-up the course. We may have to hike a bike for a while...

Romic tech

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
cal.
I am going to try to set up the trailer this afternoon and do a couple of runs. I talked to Donnie yesterday and he said it is a whole new course. It will finish right after the last rock garden. So right where the long part of the wall starts.
Roger

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Sounds like it should be a great weekend of racing! Thanks for the update...I think I'll pass on the Friday practice runs. By the time I get out there, it may not be worth the drive.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Pegboy said:
Any one know when the shuttle starts on sat.? Last time I got there @ 9:00 and the damn thing didn't start till 11:00
I heard that since there is no XC race, it will start at 9:30. I hope that is right, because I will be getting out there early. Believe me, there will be a ton of people out there...

IntenseR3

Chimp
May 26, 2005
Balboa Island
I have never been to Fontanna before and was thinking of going on saturday just to have a place to ride with some shuttling. Are there any good jumps or drops on the course? Would it be worth it? Thanks in advance.

-Riley

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Id just go and check it out, Theres pretty much no jumps, There might be 1 or 2, there wont be any drops but if you just use the shuttle and freeride the mountain you will find a lot for fun stuff!

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
downhillzeypher said:
Just did the course. Pretty tame. No big jumps, but just the fact of being different from the normal courses is good enough.
So does it really end right before the wall? Start higher up, or from a totally different place?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
KB- It ends right at the last rock section@ the wall. The start is the same as always.

Fonzie- Naw, there is one section that has some rocks you have to navigate, but it's easy, you just need a good line. It's super pedaly, I'd say 80% is pedalable, there is one short uphill, like 20 or so feet.

The course starts off the hike-a-bike trail and pretty much goes along the shuttle road then cuts off to the trail at the wall. A little boring, but whatever.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
downhillzeypher said:
KB- It ends right at the last rock section@ the wall. The start is the same as always.

Fonzie- Naw, there is one section that has some rocks you have to navigate, but it's easy, you just need a good line. It's super pedaly, I'd say 80% is pedalable, there is one short uphill, like 20 or so feet.

The course starts off the hike-a-bike trail and pretty much goes along the shuttle road then cuts off to the trail at the wall. A little boring, but whatever.
Damn I gotta change my tires, I think :evil:

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
downhillzeypher said:

Thanks a ton for the course report. Everything sounds good, especially the part about no wall, considering that we have to do two runs that would have been killer.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So your saying that the Cal State Champ race is an easier course than the last Spring fling course!? Hmm.... that could be good for me, but doesn't seem as much fun.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Damn, wish I was there racing with you guys. Good luck to all and my money is on TJ (only if he changed out his tires though).

I spent the day doing DH Hiking runs with Ciaran and Zark up at Mt. Baldy. It was insane two shoes sliding action. But now I'm beat, tired and sunburnt. The good news is I have a cold beer in my hands. :heart:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Alright, I am heading out there tomorrow to watch you all and maybe take a few pics. TJ, and Dave you BETTER be in them tutu's.

Ahhh... beer... :love:

Today was fun. We hiked, we rode, we dropped in.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Congrats TJ, that puts you in the lead. Congrats to Alf as well, I heard you got second, thats sick bro. I'm sure the rest of the crew kicked ass. I saw some pics of Orven during practice...looking good. I know heather missed me on the wall :D. So missing the race has thrown me into a slight depression. Damn. Oh well I'll be there next time. Oh TJ, I had nightmares all day if ya know what I mean :evil:

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
ncrider said:
Congrats TJ, that puts you in the lead. Congrats to Alf as well, I heard you got second, thats sick bro. I'm sure the rest of the crew kicked ass. I saw some pics of Orven during practice...looking good. I know heather missed me on the wall :D. So missing the race has thrown me into a slight depression. Damn. Oh well I'll be there next time. Oh TJ, I had nightmares all day if ya know what I mean :evil:
Thanks bro, Didn't do as well as I could have done. Both runs had flaws, but I'm stoked on the race and all the peeps that were there. You were missed...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
ncrider said:

Not alonely did he get second he had the save of the day on his second run going off course and back on without even snagging the tape.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zutroy said:
Not alonely did he get second he had the save of the day on his second run going off course and back on without even snagging the tape.
I saw that. I was sitting right there where that happened. It was a great save. He had great presence of mind to be aware of the big rock, the two spectators, and the tape. :thumb:

GunShow?

Chimp
May 12, 2004
On a scale of 1-10, how would everyone rate the course?

I would say 7. It was fast and fun, but could have been more tech.