Quantcast

SouthWest Airlines can go fock themselves.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SW claims to be elderly passenger friendly. Now, is that just marketing bullsh1t (seems so) or do they claim to know the needs of the elderly?

My sister got my mom a ticket on SWA and answered the option that the passenger is elderly -- 70yo and loosing her mental facililites. My sister could've put my mom on the plane at the local airport, but that would require a change of planes, so she drove her an hour further to Tampa to get a direct flight to Denver.

My mom gets to the gate and an attendant says, "You're a volunteer." My mom was confused. She was told that she is being put on standby -- despite paying for a full-fare class ticket!

She got compensated -- big focking deal -- but had to fly through Chicago. Chicago! :disgust: It's not a small and easy airport. She had an hour to catch a connecting flight and she can't walk very well on top of it.

My mom is here, safe and sound, and that's what's important, but SWA, who claims to be extra elderly friendly, are bunch of c0cksuckers who declared my mom a standby/bump volunteer... not asked, just made her one.

On top of that, my mom got to the airport early to avoid such BS. So we're still not sure why she was bumped.

I'm venting, but I hope y'all will re-consider SWA in the future.

PS: On top of it all, my mom never got any sort of voucher or documentation declaring exactly what her compensation was to be... just told to call the 800 number and see what they can do for her.

May all SWA people involved get goatsed by a camel.

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
That is just wrong... Sorry to hear they put her through that. My stepfather works for them which is what led me to this thread. He's a technician though... I assure you he had nothing to do with this.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Give her shi**ty diapers to be left under various seat cushions on her flight home.

Or have her try to flush them down the airplane toilets once in the air and clog the fvcking toilets up. I have never used an airplane toilet, so I don't know if that is feasible.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Give her shi**ty diapers to be left under various seat cushions on her flight home.
She could also have a garlic bagel with garlic butter and a couple cups of coffee before boarding the plane.

It would be a great opportunity for her to practice the fine art of close talking. " Excuse me Steeeeeewaaaarrdissss ".

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Write a letter to corporate. I got a free ticket that way: they let my then 10 year old son walk unattended off the plane and not get "checked off' to who was picking him up.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It seems to me that the above ideas, while well intentioned, do more harm to other SWA passengers than the airline itself. I guess they might piss a few people off enought that they won't fly SWA again, but still...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It seems to me that the above ideas, while well intentioned, do more harm to other SWA passengers than the airline itself. I guess they might piss a few people off enought that they won't fly SWA again, but still...
C'mon Hab we're only joking. Just trying to help LO with his venting.

GearGirl has the right idea.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'd contact the travel writer for MSNBC, no clue what the name is but I always seem that they contact the airlines about all sorts of bogus sh!t.

or was your mom wearing a mini skirt? They always seem to have a problem with that.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I'd contact the travel writer for MSNBC, no clue what the name is but I always seem that they contact the airlines about all sorts of bogus sh!t.

or was your mom wearing a mini skirt? They always seem to have a problem with that.

Is that the ugly bitch who claimed she got kicked off for being "too hot"
That's not why you got the boot, honey.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Brilliant!
BTW, how is the little guy, has he got a job yet?
He's great, thanks! Right now, he's only got part-time employment as a tittie-sucker... good work if you can get it.
...they let my then 10 year old son walk unattended off the plane and not get "checked off' to who was picking him up.
That is far worse than what they did to my mom.
C'mon Hab we're only joking. Just trying to help LO with his venting.
Exactly and thank you.

Thanks all! :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
He's great, thanks! Right now, he's only got part-time employment as a tittie-sucker... good work if you can get it.
So he bumped you out of that position, huh? Bummer. ;)

Stories like this are why I never fly SWA or pretty much any carrier that isn't Continental. Raise enough hell with corporate and they'll probably give you something free just to get you to go away.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So he bumped you out of that position, huh? Bummer. ;)
Yeah, I got downsized.

:think:

EDIT: The hospital kept asking what we were going to do for birth control since they don't advocate getting pregnant again soon after.

I figured we'd use exhaustion?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Yeah, I got downsized.

:think:

EDIT: The hospital kept asking what we were going to do for birth control since they don't advocate getting pregnant again soon after.

I figured we'd use exhaustion?
Yikes.

I'm always surprised people want to touch each other again after a kid enters the picture. The thought of having a kid like I was is the ultimate birth control.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Sorry to hear about the experience. Since I was a kid, we've always flown SWA and I personally haven't had a bad experience...though they seem to have been really dropping the ball lately.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
LO, Jenn's brother flew in to see us and the airline sold his ticket out from under him, causing massive delays. Customer service was very rude and condescending to me.

Jenn and I wrote a few very unpleasant emails to the airline and ended up getting a $150 voucher for another flight. Not a bad deal. I recommend making a fuss - at least it'll make you feel a little better to vent to them, and at best you may get something out of it :thumb:

Alternately, you could eat a lot of Mexican food immediately before your next flight with them, then make it a point to foul every bathroom in the place.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That seriously sucks. I got bumped (and delayed a full 24 hours) last summer when heading to the west coast for vacation. It was United. They gave me a voucher for a free roundtrip, without me asking for it.

The beautiful part was, while I was using the free roundtrip a few months later, I volunteered to get bumped, and got another free roundtrip as compensation :D

This makes Southwest look pretty bad. Tell the world.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Call customer service, and write letters to corporate. the more pissed you are, the better the results. Claim she is senile and that you went out of your way to make that flight with SW for her convenience and then explain the details. you guys should get at least one flight out of it. Or just be adament that they f*ed your plans because they decided to volunteer your "senile" grandmother for a flight forcing her to change flights and demand your money back because you do not want her flying with SW again because you can not gurantee that she will be aided (mention the elderly check box at this point) and quite possibly thrown to the wolves. If the person can't help you demand to speak to their manager and so forth until you get to the CEO if needed.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
That's pretty upsetting LordOpie. I hope you write them a letter and then tell 'em to eff off if they offer you a voucher for another flight. Tell them to switch it to the airline of your choice. Ha!

I hope her flight home is safe and swift.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Southwest basically pioneered the LCC. Then Ryanair came along and perfected it. The rest, including Southwest are now playing catch-up. It revolves around the promise of rock bottom prices but it comes at the price of service. I think if anyone is likely to have issues with any part of the airline/airport experience then they are best avoiding the LCCs.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I dont understand:

Why should I feel compensated for my troubles as a result receiving a free pass to go through the same BS again?

Wanna make me happy? Give me my money back and a first class ticket on Singapore Air.

I dislike air travel in general and hate it in the USA!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Southwest = Greyhound with wings

I avoid SW at all costs. They are "convenient" for regular flights at a reasonable rate out of smaller/regional airports but forget them if you have to transfer anywhere, or if you're checking luggage. Plus, their flights are usually full of vacationing families, students, retirees, and other non-seasoned travelers. This makes it hard to get any work done on flights. At least they're doing away with the cattle-call seating.

Domestically, I usually prefer Jet Blue or United. Though, recent experiences with both have left much to be desired. At least on Jet Blue you get legroom and a tv.

-ska todd