Quantcast

Southwest Airlines! It's about time........

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
they started flying to Colorado. They announced service starting in January and all of a sudden fare prices began to plummet to/from Denver.

So all you :monkey:s - this is the year to come out for a ski trip! You know you want to........ :sneaky:

J

JRB

I hate Continental, but only behind Southwest. I hate that herding crap. Moooo.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
Yes.

I flew to Hawaii first class on FF miles.

And Amex carries a Continental bit that you can change points into FF miles.
damn, how's a student accrue so many FF miles? you have a credit card tied to miles too? i've probably been on at a least 12-15 trans-atlantic business class trips, have never cashed in a single mile, and can only get to Hawaii via a free coach ticket. :mumble:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco said:
I hate Continental, but only behind Southwest. I hate that herding crap. Moooo.
Southwest kicks ass!!! They always have great rates, yes it's a cattle car, but when I can fly to vegas round trip for under $100, you can't beat it. All you do is preboard online and get your A seating, that way you too can be the "Head cow":thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
damn, how's a student accrue so many FF miles? you have a credit card tied to miles too? i've probably been on at a least 12-15 trans-atlantic business class trips, have never cashed in a single mile, and can only get to Hawaii via a free coach ticket. :mumble:
I hear that, he probably got coach seating and upgraded him. I have a Capitol one card in which I can cash them in on almost every airline and maybe have enough for 1 business class upgrade, and thats with almost 70,000 towards it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
Southwest kicks ass!!! They always have great rates, yes it's a cattle car, but when I can fly to vegas round trip for under $100, you can't beat it. All you do is preboard online and get your A seating, that way you too can be the "Head cow":thumb:
ryanair copied the SW model and applied it to europe, and had ridiculously low fares (until taxes and tariffs and all that crap were factored in), but they only flew legs ie, no A->B->C on a single ticket; you had to buy two tickets, and if you missed the 2nd flight for whatever reason you were SOL. so we never flew that w/ the kids cause it would have been a huge hassle (plus they use little podunk airports near east cupcake). paid a bit more for aer lingus or other carriers, but the drop in stress was worth it.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Brian HCM#1 said:
I hear that, he probably got coach seating and upgraded him. I have a Capitol one card in which I can cash them in on almost every airline and maybe have enough for 1 business class upgrade, and thats with almost 70,000 towards it.
Since it's a family account, any purchase on Amex will cover it, so will any trip by any family member anywhere. Since my family travels often for business, that helps greatly.

Two of us flew first class to hawaii on FFM, one flew via business ticket from work.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:
Since it's a family account, any purchase on Amex will cover it, so will any trip by any family member anywhere. Since my family travels often for business, that helps greatly.

Two of us flew first class to hawaii on FFM, one flew via business ticket from work.
That works well.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
so what other airlines are good?

I'm dying to try jetBlue

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dump said:
so what other airlines are good?

I'm dying to try jetBlue
My brother flys that all the time from NY to oakland. He says it's been a great airline. Plus not having to go to SF to hit the east coast is kinda cool too.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I flew ryan air as well as easy ject while in europe. I have to say, while the cattle car rush to board sucked (we needed large overhead space due to camera bags), and the 3rd world bazarre atmosphere on board (i swear they will sell you their uniforms if you ask) it was a good flight and ridiculously cheap. I flew London to Milan for 40 euro..ROUND TRIP.

Easy jet was just a tad more expensive (about 20 euro or so) but MUCH more organized, polite and comfortable. Both airlines had new fleets and good staff.

I even flew Air Transat to europe (canadian charter airline). It was the best flight i have ever had on the way back. 2 hot meals that were yummy, as many drinks as i wanted free, 2 good first run movies and mints at the end, as well as a very consciencious flight crew.

Trip there had 2 screaming babies that barfed on their mothers, and i was sitting next to the 80 year old brit version of jabba the hut.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Transcend said:
I flew ryan air as well as easy ject while in europe. I have to say, while the cattle car rush to board sucked (we needed large overhead space due to camera bags), and the 3rd world bazarre atmosphere on board (i swear they will sell you their uniforms if you ask) it was a good flight and ridiculously cheap. I flew London to Milan for 40 euro..ROUND TRIP.

Easy jet was just a tad more expensive (about 20 euro or so) but MUCH more organized, polite and comfortable. Both airlines had new fleets and good staff.

I

Yeah nothing wrong with Ryanair. They get ya there at a very cheap rate. Can't complain about that.
Narlus- if you're gonna use Ryanair you've got to plan well in advance and don't make your itinerary too complicated. I went and saw Partsy from London for 40 quid. I win.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
robdamanii said:
I fly Continental. Exclusively, unless I'm absolutely forced into an alternative when Continental does not fly.
Continental roxor's, curbside check in, freaking park-n-fly checkin, eticket etc!
southwest suxors. freakin boarding passes, cramped spaces etc.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Brian HCM#1 said:
My brother flys that all the time from NY to oakland. He says it's been a great airline. Plus not having to go to SF to hit the east coast is kinda cool too.
I hear you on that! Oakland airport is always a breeze... I love that.
I rarely fly to SF to NY, and I haven't otherwise gotten the opportunity to fly Jet Blue... but those fares to Puerto Rico look so tempting! :D

I'm just waiting for the opportunity to arise... I might just have to create one :)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
they started flying to Colorado. They announced service starting in January and all of a sudden fare prices began to plummet to/from Denver.

So all you :monkey:s - this is the year to come out for a ski trip! You know you want to........ :sneaky:
Ski trip? Colorado? Resorts that are three hours apart? Wut? dexq20 is coming here in December... :oink: :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Transcend said:
Not so much wise as experienced. I lived in Co for 4 years... Feb/Mar here I come. Wolf Creek anyone? :cool:
You know what they say - with experience comes wisdom. Feb has the best combo of snow and cold that makes for the best chance of getting the Goods.

If you come out, you need to head to Aspen Highlands - they're opening Deep Temerity this year. <schawing>