Quantcast

SpaceX

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MunkeeHucker said:
Don't forget Racer X (if Speed had only known that he was his lost brother)
Brilliant! Good call!!

Sometimes I think Westy is my long lost brother, I wonder if I should say something to him.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
With the exception of sub-orbital sounding rockets, NASA doesn't build its own launch vehicles anymore. Boeing's Delta and Lockheed-Martin's Atlas rockets have been mainstay launch vehicles for both NASA and DoD for quite some time. I think it's really cool that there are more players like this coming into the arena. Since launch vehicles always make up the lion's share of any spacecraft program it's nice to have some low cost options out there assuming they can deliver. Nothing like spending a decade working on spaceflight hardware only to see it blow up on the pad. :dead:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
DamienC - would you be apprehensive about working for a company like this? Do you think they can deliver? I mean getting into space is a pretty big undertaking.

Just wondering.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
jdschall said:
DamienC - would you be apprehensive about working for a company like this? Do you think they can deliver? I mean getting into space is a pretty big undertaking.

Just wondering.
It sounds like they have their act together based on their literature but I imagine they'll have to cut their teeth on smaller, lower risk payloads. Their launch manifest looks pretty impressive though.