Quantcast

SPAM* Thoisday *MAPS

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
This morning went from yea to nay faster than a Tarahumara runner.

We received our espresso machine from the service center only to find out it wasn't repaired at all... Breville just made the kill list.

#wpp

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning.... just when I thought this heap of a hotel couldn't get any worse...... it totally redeemed itself with breakfast.... fresh biscuits and gravy, omelettes, and fresh fruit..... even the coffee is good

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun, but balls cold ride last night. Poached some xc ski trail and rode a bunch of singletrack. As far as fat biking goes, it was pretty great. At the top of one of the groomed ski hills, I somehow drifted over into the set ski track. That shit was rock solid and felt like I was riding a slot car track. Ended up doing a death wobble to get out, but somehow didn't eat it.

Maybe this is the last of the snow? We're kind of hoping for one more ski trail poaching session next Wednesday, on hopefully a little more solid groomed trail.

Yeah we lack elevation, but have some fun hills...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Rode yesterday, somehow flattened the rear tire. Stans either dried up or ran out but there did seem to be a small tear in the tire, that tried to seal but could not due to lack of sealant. Will add more and try to inflate it when I'm home for the day. I'm due for new tires soon anyway.

Nice and cool 57Freedums this morning, actually felt nice. We are back into the 80's during midday now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fun, but balls cold ride last night. Poached some xc ski trail and rode a bunch of singletrack. As far as fat biking goes, it was pretty great. At the top of one of the groomed ski hills, I somehow drifted over into the set ski track. That shit was rock solid and felt like I was riding a slot car track. Ended up doing a death wobble to get out, but somehow didn't eat it.

Maybe this is the last of the snow? We're kind of hoping for one more ski trail poaching session next Wednesday, on hopefully a little more solid groomed trail.

Yeah we lack elevation, but have some fun hills...

Tonight is my ride night. Conditions are pretty much as good as they get (hardpacked, no ice), and we're going to ride my favourite trail. It climbs up a ridge and has two loops down. If I'm not too tired (or too cold), I will push to do the descent 3x... fingers crossed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonight is my ride night. Conditions are pretty much as good as they get (hardpacked, no ice), and we're going to ride my favourite trail. It climbs up a ridge and has two loops down. If I'm not too tired (or too cold), I will push to do the descent 3x... fingers crossed.
Do it!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am also not skiing today, alas.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Recent introspection has revealed to me that at the age of 32, I cannot claim mastery or even real proficiency in any single thing.

I have also come to the conclusion that the more I know, the more I realize how much I don’t know.

Not sure whether to be humbled or depressed by these revelations. :confused:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Recent introspection has revealed to me that at the age of 32, I cannot claim mastery or even real proficiency in any single thing.

I have also come to the conclusion that the more I know, the more I realize how much I don’t know.

You are acquiring wisdom. It's just about right on time. Be humbled.

And take solace - at (almost) 48, I have never mastered anything, ever. Except maybe yelling at kids. I'm really good at that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
There is a quarter inch of ice chunks over all surfaces outside. Hmph.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

as Ss said, right on schedule.
don't strive to master, strive to always improve. being proficient is an always changing definition. just keep trying to get better.
start finding ways to give; to family, community, etc. donate time to help someone / something. that may ease the crushing weight of life :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've only got a few years on you, but i've had the same existential crisis. then i remembered there's people out there that think vaccines cause autism, the world is flat, and chemtrails are turning the frogs frikkin' gay. That contented me in my mediocrity.

congratulations, this makes you smarter than a LOT of people. Welcome to the top half of the bell curve.

humbled and content. have a beer, pet a doggo, go for a ride. enjoy yourself. cause nobody gets out alive.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
as Ss said, right on schedule.
don't strive to master, strive to always improve. being proficient is an always changing definition. just keep trying to get better.
I'm getting really good at drinking, much better than when we met.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Duolingo is eating up lots of my time. My spanish is getting better so i figure its a good waste of time.

Dropped the girls off at school this week. Prolly the most adult I've felt in 41 years.

wishing i had bindings on my pow skis. damn, my breath tastes like chemdawg #4 & coffee.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Mastery equals boredom. Do anything for a quarter century or longer and you will get tired of it, no matter how good you are.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That sounds awesome!
It's nice though it is a real reminder global warming creates some weird weather. February used to be -30C not +15C. Plus the winter darkness is imho more annoying than cold weather. Cold weather you can get used to

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
:homer:

Being a non-breeder, sounds like I am missing a true purpose in life.
We're always looking to outsource in my household.
Perhaps they'll respond better to angry czech than the mundane expletives I've been hurling at them for 16 years.
Come over, get loaded and audition.