Quantcast

Speaking of crappy web design....

well, to make it more stunning, you could do many things: flashing banner ads, playing punk rock music, more flash based pages with moving parts. that said, i'd be happy if you stayed away from those things. stunning is not the goal you should have for the page.
Well, it's not going to happen, I don't think. We like a clean site, no Flash, no music, no siezure-inducing banners and moving parts.

you should be focused on information, not entertainment. i like the transition website. they have a main page for each bike, and a sub page for things like pricing and geometry. they have a gallery of rider shots. the site is not stunning, but it is pleasing to the eye and full of useful information.
I thought we had lots of information. What are we missing? We have pricing, a page per bike, and all the geometery info you need. There will be rider shots in the future, as well as news, dealer info, and other items. As I said, it's a work in progress, and this is still the Beta version, more or less.

maybe you should give up your website to cut some overhead, then you could bring down the price of the frame :lighten:
Sorry, the price is not dictated by our web site costs. We could cut corners, move production overseas, use cheaper components, and cast instead of CNC machining many components, but that is not our focus. There are many other brands at our price point such as Intense, Rocky Mountain, Foes, and we are not too far off Santa Crus when comparing apples to apples.
There are many good quality, lower priced bikes, that's for sure. Noel made a conscious decision from the beginning to make no compromises, and to build the best bike possible for the hard core, dedicated, discerning rider, and we are holding fast to that rule.
I don't know where you live, but if you are ever in Vancouver, feel free to contact us for a test ride, and see for yourself.
Tim...really, really hates Flash.

Thanks for the website comments so far. Keep them coming.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
your site has plenty of information, which is why i said it was good, but not stunning. it is a nicely adequate site; a clean machine. my comment about transition's website was not meant to say that you should be more like theirs, but that you are good like theirs. good job.

i know the website costs don't influence the bike costs. i was just tugging your leg. i understand the cost of your fine machines is justified by the quality and the fact you keep labor on this side of the pacific. if i were a stronger rider and the local riding called for it, i would consider one of your rigs regardless of cost.

No worries, mandown. I appreciate the comments and the comparison to Transition's website. They are great guys, and their site is very good as well
As I said, if you ever make up to the Great White North (Whistler has over 25 feet of snow right now!), I'd love to let you take one of our bikes our for a run. Trust me, they can make even me look like a good rider.
Tim...still hates Flash.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
No, people just need to learn how to use it.

There is nothing inherently wrong with flash. If used properly, it adds a visual flair that CANNOT be duplicated by anything else. The problem is when it gets overused, or improperly used for something critical. For example, Yeti uses flash really, really well, and it doesn't impede anything.

Stereotyping a technology like that is as bad as doing it to a person, you dirty rude drunken adrenaline-fuelled 18 year old punk you. ;)

I feel the same way about Flash as I do about Powerpoint. It's a privilege, not a right.
I do agree that when used properly, it's a great addition to a site. Unfortunately, it's often used way to much, too often, and in the wrong place.
Tim...Your stereotype is false, I'm not 18 years old.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Stereotyping a technology like that is as bad as doing it to a person, you dirty rude drunken adrenaline-fuelled 18 year old punk you. ;)
Down with Flash! DOWN WITH THE MAN!

I will admit, my hatred of Flash comes from being inundated by crappy bike sites made entirely of Flash. That, and it runs terribly on my G4 iMac.

I'm ashamed to admit I do have some Flash on my website. :disgust1:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
OT but Blue I just checked out your site and it rawks. There are some really incredible shots in there.

Hey, Blue.
It's funny, I have been to SLC many times for Outdoor Retailer trade shows, and I have never seen it in that kind of light. Quite nice photos. Very well done.
And yes, there is Flash, but it's used properly. Nice, nice work. I admire your photography.
Tim...could make the Mona Lisa look bad in a photo.