Quantcast

Speaking of Immigration.....This is CRAP!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Dog Welder
Let me get this straight...you don't think that being born on US soil means you should be an American?
I think that if two illegal immigrants sneak across the border, and give birth real quick, just to take advantage of that policy, there is a problem.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Dog Welder
Let me get this straight...you don't think that being born on US soil means you should be an American?
Actually, I think I remember my immigration attorney telling me that the US is one of the few countries where jus solis applies. Don't quote me on that though...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by Silver
Actually, I think I remember my immigration attorney telling me that the US is one of the few countries where jus solis applies. Don't quote me on that though...
Yeah I think that's true and a real plus for the US in my opinion. BS I think the amount of illegals sneaking over the border just to give birth would be so low as to not even register on the radar scope of problems. It is certainly no reason to rescind such an enlightened policy.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Yeah I think that's true and a real plus for the US in my opinion. BS I think the amount of illegals sneaking over the border just to give birth would be so low as to not even register on the radar scope of problems. It is certainly no reason to rescind such an enlightened policy.
I only said that the numbers would increase, not that this was the main problem.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by BurlySurly

Still, i cant see a reason to support illegal immigrants before our own. Its just bassackward.

bs...first off, i agree with you in a way but my argument is this:

if "our own" worked half as hard as most of these immigrants we probably wouldnt' be so bad off. most of my adult life has been spent working in manual labor at some point. and at every one of those high work, low pay jobs there have been immigrants right there beside me making the same pay and never complaining. at the same time, i've also worked with fellow pale skin folks and it seems that most of them have the attitude of "effort equals paycheck" so they are more prone to being lazy arses.

kind of off the subject here but i've had many of my fellow pale skins make reference to "them immigrants coming to "our" country". i tend to get infuriated at this because they must have forgotten how they got here. so my reply is always, "yeah, i guess your boat was much better than theirs".

on the other hand, i see why some people would oppose this id card thingy. BS has some good points about them getting a free ride and i too will be infuriated if illegals are included in the government funded education programs. my view is that if you're not legally eligible to defend the country if called (disabled is a different matter), you shouldn't be able to reap the benefits of some government funded programs.