Quantcast

Speaking of street cruisers...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Updated pic of the 24" Mosh. 7.9" bars, and they feel pretty nice. I almost forgot how effortless it is to bunnyhop this thing.... I was hopping picnic tables with it as easily as curbs. :D
Are you British and/or a motorcycle rider ?

heh heh.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Okay, so here's my bike it is in it's latest form: No stickers, black with a splash of red.

DK General Lee 24
Notable upgrades are:
Eastern Dragon Bars (7.5" rise)
Odyssey Intac Seatpost
Stolen Hot Seat
WTP Pi rear hub and chrome rim (of unknown origin)
13 tooth Odyssey freewheel
33 tooth Industry Workload chain ring
Odyssey Jimmy Levan grips
Shadow 1/2link chain

The new (taller) bars seem to make a big difference as far as bunny hopping and spinning goes. I don't have my flat 180's down yet but on banks they are now a snap. It is also much easier to wall ride the barrier in the back ground of the bike picture as well.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Yeah, I just put the bars on, I'm still playing with position. They do look pretty far forward, don't they?
Not if you are doing trials riding with it. :busted:
At the very least, move them back to where they are perpendicular to the ground. Ideally (supposedly), they should be parallel to the fork.
It probably doesn't really make a huge difference, but I think the bike handles a little better without having the bars out over the front end.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
At the very least, move them back to where they are perpendicular to the ground. .
I would swear to you that I thought they were vertical (that's what I was shooting for anyway), they just don't look like it in the photo. Still, I'll try moving them back a little.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Anyone know the geo on the Volume complete? http://www.volumebikes.com/bikes-z06.html

has some pretty nice parts, plus it's full-4130. I'm not sure if it's a 24" or a 26"
EDIT: Volume is sold out of that complete.

Are there any light-ish full-4130 complete 24s out there with good geo? I'm looking into getting a We The People.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Last I'd heard from GM he was FLOORED with work...which is a good thing. Means he's making tons of cash to buy tubing and to pay for the insurance to sell bicycle frames that are so sick they'll make your mom puke up her spleen. :)

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Oh, you haven't heard? Greg is that guy in that really old book that a lot of people talk about on Sundays... He was the guy that said something like "Let there be light" And then there was light....

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Just learned a guy I ride with often has an old school buddy that knows/rides/does something with Gregg. Can anyone else play the 6 degrees of Gregg Melms and his badass bikes?

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
I'd like to meet this Melms guy everybody admires so much...

Yeah I've been busy like Thrillseeka said. Lot's of stuff going on. Most of it non bike related. But hey I'll take it while I can get it in this economy.

And Thrillseeka I've said it before, you crack me up man!!!

Hey OPJones, You must know Rod or Thomas? Both cool cats. I need to get up to Ann Arbor and check out the new DJs.

D/D Updates:
The Daily Driver has been busy tearing up BMX tracks all over Ohio with Roger Compton at the wheel er.. I mean bars. With this short wheelbase bike Roger regularly passes on the inside of the berms.
Below is a pic of the D/D in race trim.

For the record, manualling the bike is slightly 'harder' than a 20" with similar geo. Besides there's much more to manualability than just CS length.
Nobody has looped it out from trying to manual it yet. Besides me.

Frames are still going through design tweaks. I will probably add the curved seat stays to the Daily Driver frame cause everybody digs em. I need to finalize a rear drop-out design and work on fixtures.
Internal cable routing will not happen on the D/D frame. Just too labor intensive and would put an already expensive frame out of reach for some.

Hang tight peeps and thanks agian,
GM

Attachments

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Hey OPJones, You must know Rod or Thomas? Both cool cats. I need to get up to Ann Arbor and check out the new DJs.
It was actually Rod that mentioned your name. But yeah i ride with Thomas when I can make it over to Ann Arbor, we actually just got done with the MI Thrashbike jam over the weekend, fun stuff.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Sheesh...here I thought Greg was an upstanding sorta guy with talent and skills and all, but now I have to call BS on that lil red rocket! It looks too damn perfect to be a "new-retro." I'm thinkin repainted and rebadged SE Flyer or something...?

Seriously Greg...a true tribute to the way things were when things were right! I love it! But mine simply HAS to be chrome with black mags. HAS to be...

And I remember you saying that the tubing you are using for the seat/chainstays is too thick OD to do a looptail with...but that would be the final glint on perfection... Chrome loop-tail 24" with mags...I wouldn't even ride it. It would be like banging a supermodel with insured body parts in the bathroom of a laundromat... I would just never again possess the ability to face myself in the mirror again after it was over....
*....sigh....*

gwillywish

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
Why...cuz you did? I don't buy that **** at all man, sorry.
Why dump a bunch of cash into something you don't even know if you're gonna like for one? Not to mention, I haven't seen either of those companies with a 24 with ANY better geo! If they did, there wouldn't be 20 threads up here all looking for a better cruiser. So why would I wanna pay more to play on the same damn bike?
Sounds to me like you mighta just paid too much and don't wanna feel silly alone... :)
actually standard will do custom geo if you want, they make everything in house so it isnt that difficult for them to do that. while you have a valid point in the price argument how bout you actually research companies before blasting them for no reason other than price.