Quantcast

Speaking of suing....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think their claim is just as valid (or ridiculous depending on your mindset) as that of the Americans suing the Bin Laden family.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
There's also a group of Palestinian’s suing GW Bush, Powell, etc for supplying Israel with weapons used to attack them. Making it even more interesting, they are being represented by a Jewish lawyer in New York.

The lawyer was interviewed on Pacifica radio a few weeks ago...some of the things he was reporting makes you realize how selective the mainstream media is in their reporting...but that's an other topic!

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
"A group of Saudis plan to sue the U.S. government and media organizations for the alleged psychological and financial damage they suffered in the aftermath of September 11, their lawyer said on Wednesday."

Their LAWYER said?! The entire country has only one lawyer?

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Originally posted by stringcheese
"A group of Saudis plan to sue the U.S. government and media organizations for the alleged psychological and financial damage they suffered in the aftermath of September 11, their lawyer said on Wednesday."

Their LAWYER said?! The entire country has only one lawyer?
I think it's the group of saudis lawyer. In the article it said, "the majority of whom are students who had been attending American universities and were forced to leave." I'd like to know by whom they were forced and why.

Originally posted by Toshi
I think their claim is just as valid (or ridiculous depending on your mindset) as that of the Americans suing the Bin Laden family.
I'd have to agree, although I'm leaning more towards the ridiculous, personally, for both sides. They can get all the money in the world and it won't bring back anyone, and they'll have to pay a sh1tload of taxes, and all of that.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
(forgot to quote )
"I'd have to agree, although I'm leaning more towards the ridiculous, personally, for both sides. They can get all the money in the world and it won't bring back anyone, and they'll have to pay a sh1tload of taxes, and all of that."

I think in this case it is more of a protest, or a way to make a point, than a quest for money.

G

gravity

ahaha you haven't heard ridiculous till you've been over here. some kid sued his school because HE wagged one day, got into a fight and got his arse kicked..... the sad thing is that he won....

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
the 'sue everyone' mentaity that exists in the usa is truly weird... i guess it just comes down to one thing... everyone is lookin for a free ride...

don t worry gravity, like most of the cr@p australia gets from the US, that mentality is ever enchroaching on OZ... just give it time..

partsbara

bring back stubbies, bundy singlets and thongs ! (actually - second thoughts :)