Quantcast

Speaking of tactical firearms...

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Nice buy Potroast! I am looking to get exactly the same thing. I have quite a few guns, but they are all for hunting. I have yet to buy anything like that for home protection/fun.

What kind of ammo do you have for it?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Got a flashlight tipped like your muzzle break. This is all the tactical I need. I made some compressed powdered lead rounds for the sig. Awesome stopping power with near zero collateral penetration.

Original German Sig P220

My do it all... got rid of the holo for a 8x leupold

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
i agree, anything over 150-200 yards i'll be ditching the M4 and breaking out the .308, .223 is a decent round for cqb but at any distance i'd rather have the stability and punch of my scoped .308.
You carrying all that kit on your bike? Dang, remind me to never misbehave in your district...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
i agree, anything over 150-200 yards i'll be ditching the M4 and breaking out the .308, .223 is a decent round for cqb but at any distance i'd rather have the stability and punch of my scoped .308.
It is quite impressive what the .308 will go right through.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
For distance, I am all about the 6.5X, to bad tubb rifles are like 3Grand. A guy at the gun club has one and that round shoots super flat, even out to like 600 yards you can still pull a good group.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I used to be able to hit 8 ring on 100yd NRA paper with my FAL at 500yds. Had a cheapy BSA 3x12x50mm. A bit foggy but it did the job. I'd be lucky to even hit the paper at 500 now... I'm so outta practice. I agree with you 7.62x51 aka .308 is an awesome all around cartridge.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

we train to shoot the hinges because the drug dealers will often fortify the lock side of the door in anticipation of a search warrant. take out the hinges and the door comes down pretty quick :D
That's what my buddy was saying last night. I showed him some pictures and he said "that would work grate on the hinges!"

He went through some training on it when he worked with the local cops.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I used to be able to hit 8 ring on 100yd NRA paper with my FAL at 500yds. Had a cheapy BSA 3x12x50mm. A bit foggy but it did the job.
**warning: military (usmc) bragging in this post** ;)
we had to hit a man sized silhouette target at 500yds w/out a scope in the marines....i never really figured out why; i mean, at that range your windage/elevation has to be perfect and when in combat are you going to take the time to change you dope to make a 500yd shot through iron sights? oh well, it was fun calling "head or nuts" from 500yds out and actually making the shot :D
**ok...branch of service bragging over...continue with normal conversation**