Quantcast

Speaking of Titanium 29ers...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Firstflight bikes, a local shops, have been reproducing bikes under the Mountain Goat (a way back cool brand) brand for awhile now. I believe that this is the first titanium 29er they've had made (guess who made it?)

Some info

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Route29.htm

and a steel one for the heck of it.

The steel ones are made by the scyip brothers. The FKR is made by Retrotec. I always thought it was cool that they have been upfront with exactly who made the bikes. Anyhoo... I definitely like the panels.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That is a sweet frame by Lynskey.......all of a sudden they are the shiznit of frame building companies out there.

Gotta love the paint on that steel frame!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That ti bike is beautiful. the paint on the steel bike looks like the Roadmaster bikes I had to sell when I worked in a department store when I was 16.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I like that panel look on the ti. I think Quiring was doing some of that now too. I may have to look into a similar treatment for my ti Racer X. I went ti to avoid paint or ano now to ditch the decals.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I know they've been around, but lately they've been mighty visible on the forums with these Mountain Goat Ti frames and now the On One frames as well.

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
I like that panel look on the ti. I think Quiring was doing some of that now too. I may have to look into a similar treatment for my ti Racer X. I went ti to avoid paint or ano now to ditch the decals.
Q has been doing the media blast in many different ways for at least 3 years now, and no upcharge for the service which he does himself, along with everything else. That is why his name is on the downtube.

DSC00507.JPG

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Q has been doing the media blast in many different ways for at least 3 years now, and no upcharge for the service which he does himself, along with everything else. That is why his name is on the downtube.
I'd seen a few that way but I thought the Bells Brewery guys were telling me he recently dialed in the process a bit when he moved to his new place. I could be off, too much info crammed into this tiny brain of mine. Regardless, I like the look.