ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Very cool. The blog linked from that page was a good read

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Talking about the ancient rims, I used to have to pack Ambrosio rims at Corso Distributors.

But I wasn't too impressed. I rather use Mavic.

EDIT: I see the handbuilt tubular market is not exactly a focus for Mavic, since they have no tubular rims.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Saw a set of these at the last stage of the Tour of Missouri. They were on Boonen's Roubaix bike on display at the SpecEd "VIP" area. Tech said the handmade tires were the most one-off thing on the bike...to the tune of $500/ea.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I have some tires that are on some Race X Lites from Gusav's 07' Tour bike. The tires are unmarked. I was talking with a guy that used to work at Mellow Johnny's and he pointed out how rare they are. They really should be on some cool old rims hanging on my wall. Perhaps I'll do that. I may make a cool room in the new house for stuff like that. I have the tires, a Horner signed Astana jersey and a broken Lapierre. :(

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think I am more into riding bikes than hanging it on the wall even if it was some special stuff I got my hands on it riding that makes it special.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Price is crazy for those Nemesis.

Full pop:
Rims - $150
Spokes - $48
Nipples - $0
Hubs - $410
Tires - $200
Mastic - $20
Labor - $70 + $40
Tax

Less than $1020...and that's full price for everything.

I've built up a few of those Nemesis rims. While pretty sweet, Reflex rims have proven to be more round out of the box.