Quantcast

Spec sheets and pics of Specialized 06' FULL lineup

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
anybody at a specialized dealer wanna hook a brother up working at a non-specialized dealer on a sx trail frame kit, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Nice stuff. For once I viewed the post on NSMB before you posted it here lol...Anyone notice how good the Canadian Demo builds are? Man, Fox DHX, Avids and a lot of other killer pieces not on the US bikes. Says US sticks with the Manitou...WTF?!?!?!?!(although I kinda like mine but love the feel of the DHX)

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
seems like lots of people are pointing out this 'derailluer protector'...

they had those things on the 2004 Demo 9s. not much of a protector either...it just keeps the derailluer hanger from ripping off, the entire mech itself is still completely exposed.

just my .02 cents :p

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I talked to my muyer friend a couple of weeks ago and he said that dealer cost on the Epic Carbon FRAME is ~$2,800. F'ing insane. At least it will get them a lot of press.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Repack said:
I talked to my muyer friend a couple of weeks ago and he said that dealer cost on the Epic Carbon FRAME is ~$2,800. F'ing insane. At least it will get them a lot of press.
waita post dealer/wholesale costs to the public...good job bucko

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
nixhexss said:
waita post dealer/wholesale costs to the public...good job bucko
Dude, its not like its an everyday bike that anyone on this board is going to buy. Its not like I'm throwing around M3 or Fox 40 or 888 or whatever prices.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Weight savings?

Yeah - the Epic Carbon is the most ridiculous bike to date. List price for these things are supposed to be around 7 LARGE...

Who is gonna pay those kinds of crackhead prices?... for a Nicolai sure, but a XC bike???

Providing a authorized note of mental incompetency upon purchase is required.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
Kanter said:
05 Big Hit had a 150mm rear hub and the 06 went back to a 135mm. I wonder why.
The 05 BigHit did not have a 150mm rear hub. It was 135 bolt on.

I know this because my friend swapped his parts from his BigHit to a VP-Free frame, and I had to build up a new hub because the VP required 150mm spacing.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Monkeybidnezz said:
Nice stuff. For once I viewed the post on NSMB before you posted it here lol...Anyone notice how good the Canadian Demo builds are? Man, Fox DHX, Avids and a lot of other killer pieces not on the US bikes. Says US sticks with the Manitou...WTF?!?!?!?!(although I kinda like mine but love the feel of the DHX)
Not according to the dealer book...

All the parts are listed as the same in the US.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Kanter said:
05 Big Hit had a 150mm rear hub and the 06 went back to a 135mm. I wonder why.
If that was the case, I could see them doing so as a subtle way of pushing people more towards the demo's. That was my first thougth before I started scratching my head and thinking about how every BH that I have ever seen has been 135mm.