Quantcast

Special License Plates for Sex Offenders:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
In response to the theoretical boy who has sex with his slightly younger girlfriend and gets charged with rape that doesn't seem likely to be covered by this. Note right in the beginning it says the most egregious offenders, hence especially bad. I like how more people in here think its completely fine to just say let all molesters rot in prison or die, but heaven forbid they get a different colored plate on their car. Personally I think if you are a serious sex offender you should suffer one of those consequences, so my answer obviously would be for a stricter punishment for the crime. And even though I admit it may not be the best idea to brand possibly rehabillitated people, I don't believe its the worst idea either. To all of the 'what if he doesn't have a car' or 'if they really want to do it they will anyways
' people that is a defeatist attitude. I mean heck if somebody really wants to do anything they will, that doesn't mean we should just lay back and allow it to occur. And lastly did any of you think that the plates might discourage such behavior from those who have yet to actually commit a crime for fear of not only going to prison but then still being marked for their crimes for the rest of their life?
I will say it again I have been forced into appearing as the champion of the colored plates due to some of the ridiculous responses from people against it or to things I have said. If you actually read all of my posts I agree that it is not the best idea because it is unfair that somebody could serve their time and actually again become a productive law abiding citizen, however unlikely I believe it, only to then be harrased by strangers because of a distinction placed on their car. I am merely trying to point out that there is some merit behind the idea. I would also be really curious as to how many of you that dismiss me so easily or are down right rude have children. I personally do not, but I am just curious for the sake of being curious.

i-ride

Monkey
May 12, 2006
Frederick
i still see acting on their urges as...uhhhh...acting on their urges. saying they have an illness doesn't excuse them from accountability.never met a wife beater i'd want to party with. is there some sick sub-culture in western society who coddles wife beaters that i don't know about?

also, if it's treatable through chemical castration, you'd be for that? all other options considered beforehand, of course.

i would.
no, i mostly agree. having an illness does not necessarily excuse a person from accountability. i'd be much less empathetic if this person has refused treatment and/or has not followed through with rehab or whatever.

well, western society doesn't coddle wife beaters exactly, but certainly they are not NEEEARLY as stigmatized as sexual offenders-- and that was my only point, really.

chemical castration?--off the cuff i'd say i'm for it, sure.. but only if the offender agrees to it. of course, i haven't had a bunch of time to think it thru, philisophically/ethically.. but I think my assertion is pretty accurate of how i feel..

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
I guess shows like ER, Scrubs, Desperate Housewives, etc. etc. have no sexual content in your mind? I dont watch them much, but I can tell you thats not true for sure.
Any particular reason you need full frontal nudity in those shows?
Sorry to post this so late, but I can think of SEVERAL good reasons :thumb:

The main problem is that you ride a Giant. If you had a Turner or an Intense you would probably get more respect.
I ride a Giant too. I will take this under advisement :monkeydance:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Not to mention being rude is par for the course in the pWn3d forum, dickface.
;)
a smiley?

why not sheepishly approach the headmaster with "more porridge, sir"? make sure you curtsy when you turn to take your chair.