Cassette: Dura Ace 11-23
Chain: shimano
Wheels: Mavics on relabeled DT Swiss-Hubs

love it.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Sick ride, but I gotta say, that is a wierd part spec....
carbon seat, XTR cranks, boxxer WC, socom (lightest), and motos (heaviest brake available), and steel spring..

I personally think brakes is one place thats it ok to go heavy. I would rather have a dependable brake with tons of power over someting light. Riding Codes last year made me faster because I knew when I needed braking power they were there.

The old addage, "have to go slow to go fast"

richy_a2r

Chimp
Dec 26, 2007
Sick ride, but I gotta say, that is a wierd part spec....
carbon seat, XTR cranks, boxxer WC, socom (lightest), and motos (heaviest brake available), and steel spring..
got a 350lbs spring on the dhx. going for a rcs ti spring would save ~80g. i won't spend 200€ for 80g. :)

replaced my juicy 5-set with hope floating saw-discs (203/203mm) with the motos. added 400g of weight but it was worth it.

bike's light enough, hehe.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
A manitou spring would save you more than that due to the higher stress/fewer coils (and a nuke proof is closer to 150 euro). Just don't see many people running XTR stuff and the price vs weight savings (compared to XT)(75 g savings for twice the $$) is certainly not any better than a ti spring (or many other items)..and a ti spring wont be ruined (at a $600 US repacement price) when you catch a rock with a pedal.

I just find it interesting what parts people will pay a significant amount of $$ for to save some weight and yet find other options not as beneficial...for example, tubeless (ghetto or otherwise) would make a bigger difference than any of the above mentioned light weight parts.

As I said before..sick ride!

richy_a2r

Chimp
Dec 26, 2007
they sent me the the wrong roller (the one of the e.13 srs), noticed it after a friend told me this isn't the standard roller. but it works, so no problem there. :)

@davep: i didn't buy the xtr new. made a good deal - got it off a roadbike used. i planned to get the 08 xt (because i have the same opinion regarding weight-saving/extra-$$$) until this deal came across my way.

greetings

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
they sent me the the wrong roller (the one of the e.13 srs), noticed it after a friend told me this isn't the standard roller. but it works, so no problem there. :)

@davep: i didn't buy the xtr new. made a good deal - got it off a roadbike used. i planned to get the 08 xt (because i have the same opinion regarding weight-saving/extra-$$$) until this deal came across my way.

greetings
Sorry I did not mean to make it sound like I was picking on your parts spec..just an honest curiosity.

Have a great time on that thing!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Regardless of the fact that it may be working okay, you should call up Jonas or Derek at e13 and get that swapped out; I imagine they'll do it free of charge if you send them pics.

If there's one thing I've learned about chainguides over the years, it's that when they do fail, it's always at the worst possible moment. Making sure your setup is to-spec is the best way to avoid problems all together.

BTW, SICK ride.

--JP

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Ah gotcha. I'm not 100% sure but i think all you'd need is the outer lg.1 plastic piece. Send em an email and get it right, it will work better/more reliably :)