Quantcast

Specialized’s berrecloth to star in upcoming mountain bike feature film “where the tr

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Freeride mountain biking has come a long way in the ten years since Darren “Bearclaw” Berrecloth burst onto the scene. As the sport has covered a lot of ground, so too has the team of Red Bull Media House and Freeride Entertainment. Their expert film crew has spent the past three years canvasing the farthest reaches of the globe, documenting Darren and others as they’ve conquered the most extreme terrain ever to be ridden – let alone flipped, spun and tricked. </p><p>
</p><p>
The result is “Where The Trail Ends” and promises to be the most groundbreaking mountain bike film to date setting a new standard in action sports cinematography. When asked about his role in in the film, Berrecloth had this to say, “I’m sure by now you may have a slight idea of how big of an effort this film was for myself and all who were involved, but once you see the film in its entirety you will understand why I say I’m so proud of what we've accomplished and created. I sincerely hope you enjoy the show!"</p><p>
</p><p>
Next Wednesday night, September 19th at 8:30 PM in Las Vegas, Nevada the fruits of these labors shall be put forth for all to see; the worldwide premier will take place at the Pearl Theatre in the Palms Hotel. Tickets to the premiere are available at www.wherethetrailends.com, and the first 1,000 to buy tickets will receive a limited edition issue of Decline Magazine that includes a special LCD video display inside. For those unable to attend the film will also be streamed live online at www.specialized.com beginning at 8:30 PM PST.</p><p>
</p><p>
The partnership between Berrecloth and Specialized – now entering its tenth year – is based on a shared desire to seek limits and push boundaries. Specialized’s company motto is “Innovate or Die” – a philosophy that Berrecloth himself quite clearly embodies as he was one of the first to bring dirt jump-inspired tricks to rugged freeride lines; a style that has ultimately come to define “big mountain” riding as we know it today.</p><p>
</p><p>
Berrecloth went on to say this about his relationship with Specialized, "Pretty stoked to have a brand like Specialized behind my back for the last ten years. When I think back on all the crazy memories of epic trips and competitions around the world it’s an honor to grow with the brand as we've developed the best product line on the planet.”</p><p>
</p><p>
Darren Berrecloth relies on the Demo 8, carbon fiber Dissideoverall on the day. He is now tied for fourth overall in 450 point standings.</p><p>
</p><p>
Baggett Keeps it Steady</p><p>
Baggett rode with the red plate for the ninth consecutive round at the Unadilla National, and was keeping the championship in mind as he focused on having a solid, steady weekend. A 3-5 finish gave him fifth overall, and keeps him leading the 250 class by a solid 24 points. He will ride with the red plate for the 10th consecutive round at the Steel City National in two weeks.</p><p>
</p><p>
The 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship will take a week off before heading to the 11th round of the series, which will be held at the Steel City National on September 1 in Delmont, Pa.</p>

More...