Quantcast

Specialized 04 Bighit spec for a mom????

mamasan

Chimp
May 27, 2013
Hi I am a 53 year old mom who downhills so that I can chase my 15 yr old son with my cell phone set to 911 -- ha ha -- I'm his ride to the hill. I currently only own road and X country bikes, but we've been been to Winter Park and whistler and rented downhill bikes . . . and I can do the intermediate runs pretty successfully - get a little air, small drops, no cliffs, so I don't exactly max out any shocks. I just saw a specialized 04 bighit spec on a local craigs list. Its apparently a small. Probably pretty used. Original owner is a woman who is 5'3' and says it was a little big for her. I'm 5'7' 120lb. and wouldn't push it too much but would rather have a down hill for chasing my son rather than a x country bike. Any idea if this might be a good bike for me and if so, what would a good price range be for such an old bike? I really don't want to spend too much, since I'm not really a serious rider (yet!? :-).

If this wouldn't be a reasonable beginner bike, any suggestions of some models to keep an eye out for?

Thx.