Quantcast

Specialized 2Bliss

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anyone know anything about it? They claim 2bliss tires can be run on conventional rims, but make no mention about any type of conversion (rim strips, etc.). How does it compare to a "traditional" tubeless setup?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
jacksonpt said:
Anyone know anything about it? They claim 2bliss tires can be run on conventional rims, but make no mention about any type of conversion (rim strips, etc.). How does it compare to a "traditional" tubeless setup?
They're tubeless tires just like every other UST out there. I've got 2 of the enduro treads and one of the adrenaline tires. They work well as far as sealing up on tubeless rims. If you don't have tubeless rims then yes, you need some sort of rubber rim strip. They don't fill up the spoke holes or anything.:)

The enduros claim to be 60d center/50d sidewall durometers but they're not even close. More like 40/30. They're really soft. They work well in loose, dusty stuff or in mud but squirm around a bit on harder pack trails.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've heard tubeless tires on conventional rims "burb" frequrently at low PSI, so they aren't as reliable. Same deal with the 2bliss?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
jacksonpt said:
I've heard tubeless tires on conventional rims "burb" frequrently at low PSI, so they aren't as reliable. Same deal with the 2bliss?
Yeah, any tubeless tire will burp if you run it too soft. The tire bends over sideways in a corner and the seal breaks on the bead temporarily. The best way to solve this is just to run realisitic tire pressures, not what's normally reccomended. On my light xc bike, I use a panaracer rear with an IRC mibro on the front with about 40/30lbs respectively. On my bigger freeride bike with the specialized tires, I ran about 40-50 but I pound on that bike pretty hard. Just experiment with any tubeless setup you get. You don't want to run so low a pressure that the tire is rolling over sideways on itself and you're hitting your rim on rocks.

Also, I ALWAYS put stans goo in my tires regardless of the combination. It not only helps seal the bead initially but also forms a good solid adhesive-like bond with the rim that makes it less likely to burp.