Quantcast

Specialized Clutch SX tubeless?

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Anybody running the Clutch SX tubeless for DH? My riding spot last season I ran then with tubes due to most of little mountain being one enormous rockgarden. Thinking of setting them up tubeless for Blue, but have been hesitant because of the 1.5 casting. Blue is wwway less rocky. I think I may be fine, but want to get some feedback first.

Last edited:

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I have been running Clutch SX's tubeless for over 3 years on my 6" bike and they seal up great! I like them so much I might end up running them on my DH bike. Then again, I am a little concerned with how a 30 Lbs DH bike will ride. :rolleyes:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I had a clutch SX running boobless on a Mavic Deemax as an experiment, never again and almost ended up very badly for me. The tyre exploded over the rim after going through a compression and nearly went OTB.

Learn form my mistake, dont.

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
That settles that, the tubes stay in until I can get the continental der kaiser 2.4 projekts.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I ran clutch sx's tubeless on my reign for most of the season last year in Whistler, really liked them...but on the dh bike? probably not gonna do that.