Quantcast

Specialized Demo and SX 2011

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I rode the SX around, really far from set-up for me but seems cool, to heavy for me to have around here. I parking lot rode the demo, so no real comment.

Specialized had a new trail bike that looks pretty cool, name started with a "C" dam booze, make me forget stuff, oh well, here is a couple pics.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
I rode the SX around, really far from set-up for me but seems cool, to heavy for me to have around here. I parking lot rode the demo, so no real comment.

Specialized had a new trail bike that looks pretty cool, name started with a "C" dam booze, make me forget stuff, oh well, here is a couple pics.

That would be the Camber, kinda sounds like cocktail if that will help you make the cognitive connection.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Great bikes for sure (love the geo on the sx) but looking at them Im getting a feeling spec has a new way of getting swoopy, curved tubes - they hired a fat man and he just sits on their frames. Im sure its cheaper but not sure if I like the final look.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
Or the booze thing is mandatory in the Specialized factory. I wonder who can make the curviest bike in 2011, will the new DeVinci Wilson win or can someone out-curve them?

PS: I prefer old school straight tubes

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Or the booze thing is mandatory in the Specialized factory. I wonder who can make the curviest bike in 2011, will the new DeVinci Wilson win or can someone out-curve them?

PS: I prefer old school straight tubes
old school straight tubes that weigh a ton and don't put the material in the place that you need it the most? yea, those are cool.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
old school straight tubes that weigh a ton and don't put the material in the place that you need it the most? yea, those are cool.
You can have a straight tube and have the material where you need it. Lets face it - the frames that look like Lindsey Lohans road to work arent any lighter or stronger than the more straight tubed ones. I understand that sometimes you bend the tubes so the shock can fit or to have better standover height but lets be honest - mostly its for the looks.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I have seen pics of the green one in another forum. I like the green, but the grey looked like it was flat and looked like raw primer..... not a fan of that look. Can you confirm (assuming you saw it)?

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
the frames that look like Lindsey Lohans road to work arent any lighter or stronger than the more straight tubed ones. /QUOTE]

Funny that none of those threads about the sub35 lb dh bikes have straight tubed frames... :rolleyes:
Straight circular tubes are generally stiffer. I had a laughter fit when I saw Lynskey's "Helix" down tube and claims of increased torsional rigidity. Companies will spin any amount of false engineering claims to market a bike.

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
Funny that none of those threads about the sub35 lb dh bikes have straight tubed frames... :rolleyes:
there is a company called morewood...

and if the shortest distance between 2 points (namely your head tube and bottom bracket) is a straight line, how can a curved tube which is longer be lighter?

but yea, you can do some pretty cool stuff with tubes these days. they just look like overgrown "womens specific commuter bikes" to me.