Quantcast

Specialized Mobius clamp diameter?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
anyone have a clue? i used a caliper on the bar (no markings on the bar to indicate size...it's also one of them "bullhorn" bars) and it's showing me ~ 1.2" which is about 30.5mm. is 31.8 a safe guess?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
sorry, i was referring to the stem. rather ambiguous in my description.

anywho, i paid closer attention and realized there was quite a bit of space between the stem, and the faceplate thing. took that off and saw the bar had been crimped (i.e. too big for the stem). so, my guess is that the bar is a 31.8, but the stem is designed for a 26. hmmm....

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
the Inbred said:
sorry, i was referring to the stem. rather ambiguous in my description.

anywho, i paid closer attention and realized there was quite a bit of space between the stem, and the faceplate thing. took that off and saw the bar had been crimped (i.e. too big for the stem). so, my guess is that the bar is a 31.8, but the stem is designed for a 26. hmmm....

Huh, Thats odd. Its Pretty hard to stuff on oversized bar in a normal sized stem. What handle bars?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
no clue. unmarked. but, using the calipers (descent quality, mom used them when working on air planes), i was getting readings of 1.16 to 1.3 in different areas of the bar (where it was clamped)