Quantcast

Specialized P. Series!

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Check out the 2007 P.3, the 2007 P.2 Cr-Mo, and most of the 2007 P.1 Cr-Mo (behind the hotrock).

DJ 3's on P.3 and P.2 Cr-Mo, and if the fork is green on the P.1 Cr-Mo it's a DJ 1. P.1 Cr-Mo has BOTH BRAKES! I'm gettin' one!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The fork is black on the P.1.

Why the hell would you wait to buy a bike with 2 brakes, when you can get like the same thing now w/ 1 brake, pay about $25 bucks for a brake, and NOT have to pay like $100 more for the "new model," while you are happily riding?

On a different note, check the cranks on the P. 3. Me likey. :)

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
A cheap/decent brake setup (like the Hayes MX2 or Avid BB5) costs roughly $100 (brake (and rotor, depends if it comes with it or not), lever, cable). To still be able to use the gyro on the 06 P.1, you have to buy a starnut, and you have to buy an adapter for the fork on the 06 P.1, so if you do it yourself you're still looking at $130-$140 bucks. If you get the bike shop to do it, you're looking at $160-$175.

I like dual 26 wheels, by the way. And by the time I can get a bike, the 07 stuff will out.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Eatmyfood! said:
A cheap/decent brake setup (like the Hayes MX2 or Avid BB5) costs roughly $100 (brake (and rotor, depends if it comes with it or not), lever, cable). To still be able to use the gyro on the 06 P.1, you have to buy a starnut, and you have to buy an adapter for the fork on the 06 P.1, so if you do it yourself you're still looking at $130-$140 bucks. If you get the bike shop to do it, you're looking at $160-$175.

I like dual 26 wheels, by the way. And by the time I can get a bike, the 07 stuff will out.
?? wow 100 bucks for a MX2?? U can get juicy' fives complete for like 100 bucks a piece, ur shop must be super expensive

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Glad to see some Avids on that P2, I'd much rather have those than the Hayes Soles the 06 one came with. And yes, me gusta los cranks.

And Untitled, hes right, an mx2 with a decent lever (you'll probably have to buy a 2 lever set to get a decent one like an avid), cable and housing, and a rotor, will probably cost you $75-$100 retail at a shop. Even more if you go with the BB5 route. But....I've seen avids sell for $20 with a lever used, and you can definetly find a decent brake for cheap if you're willing to screw your shop and go the mailorder route.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Eatmyfood! said:

Are you kidding? You could get a used lever/brake for like $40 or $50. Plus cable, labor, like $80 MAX.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
You're forgetting starnut. That's atleast another $15. But MX2's retail at $60, levers start around $15 for cheap Tektro stuff, so either a cheap Avid or Hayes would be about $40, cables are real cheap, so maybe $140 is a lot, but it really depends on where you buy. I'd buy mine (the brake) at Pricepoint!
oh, don't forget an adapter for the Manitou fork! That's another $15 dollar atleast. So, maybe $140 isn't so out of wack.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Eatmyfood! said:
You're forgetting starnut. That's atleast another $15. But MX2's retail at $60, levers start around $15, cables are real cheap, so maybe $140 is a lot, but it really depends on where you buy. I'd buy mine at Pricepoint!
Try your LBS for once homie.... Get to know them and youll get better prices. Keep shopping pricepoint and there wont be a LBS to go to when you need them for a tube or to install a HS.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
I'm gonna buy my bike from them of course! I would never mail order a new bike. I'm trying to not go in there to much until I want to buy something, because I've been in there, test rode, asked a bajillion questions, and never bought anything.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Eatmyfood! said:
You're forgetting starnut. That's atleast another $15.
Try $7. It really doesnt matterr, buy the bike you want to, but dont try to justify it with wack numbers. Just say "I want the 07 one" thats good enough.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
escapeartist said:
Try $7. It really doesnt matterr, buy the bike you want to, but dont try to justify it with wack numbers. Just say "I want the 07 one" thats good enough.
Seriously.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Escapeartist, I don't know if me buying your P. Street will work out. For the money I think I'd rather have an 07 P.1 or P.2 Cr-Mo. What I'd really like to have is a P. Street and a multispeed DJ/Urban bike with 26" tires, dual disk brakes, the works, but I won't have the cash for that for a while. If you're still selling the P. Street when I make some cash next summer (unlikely) I promise I'll contact you. Depending on how old you are, you still might be able to get the camera you want off of your parents for the holidays, or get some money towards it.

As far as the price for the starnut goes, I guess that's just my LBS ripping me off a bit. I saw one at JensonUSA for $2. Or maybe they mean to replace the headset. That was a while back, I don't remember.

What's wrong with the P.2 Cr-Mo? IT'S AWESOME! Except for the skulls, which are (dee dee dee) RETARDED.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Eatmyfood! said:
Escapeartist, I don't know if me buying your P. Street will work out. For the money I think I'd rather have an 07 P.1 or P.2 Cr-Mo. What I'd really like to have is a P. Street and a multispeed DJ/Urban bike with 26" tires, dual disk brakes, the works, but I won't have the cash for that for a while. If you're still selling the P. Street when I make some cash next summer (unlikely) I promise I'll contact you. Depending on how old you are, you still might be able to get the camera you want off of your parents for the holidays, or get some money towards it.
Thats straight, dont worry about it, you are definitely not the first person to be "seriously interested" or "will buy it next week" or whatever, and you certainly wont be the last. Dont wory though, I have a slightly used kidney I can always sell.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
escapeartist said:
Glad to see some Avids on that P2, I'd much rather have those than the Hayes Soles the 06 one came with. And yes, me gusta los cranks.

And Untitled, hes right, an mx2 with a decent lever (you'll probably have to buy a 2 lever set to get a decent one like an avid), cable and housing, and a rotor, will probably cost you $75-$100 retail at a shop. Even more if you go with the BB5 route. But....I've seen avids sell for $20 with a lever used, and you can definetly find a decent brake for cheap if you're willing to screw your shop and go the mailorder route.
In that case when I'm not working at my local shop:rolleyes:
yes screw my lbs(not in the sense that it sucks I know ther trying to make a profit) 50$ for the lX casseste that I can get for 30$ on PP
I go mailorder, I'm a poor cheap bastard,
but I;d still go to a local shop to buy a bike, :)

Oh and Alex I was really reffering to his 160 dollar claim for bike shop parts and labor, which was a a insane price

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Eatmyfood! said:
I seriously would like your P. Street.
Dude, I get it, its fine. You gotta get the bike that works best for your style and your wallet. I completely understand. Good luck with the Pwhateveryouget.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Damn, me too. I actually really like the skulls too. There are very few things tackier and played outer than skulls, but I like those. Is that the P2? I'm digging the scram stuff too.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Yesiree, that is indeed the P.2. I wouldn't custom paint a bike with skulls, but the skull paint job on the P. series looks pretty darn good.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I wonder how much they'l cost. It seems like its a trend for the P2 to get more expensive every year. It was like $1100 or so last year, and it looks like they finnaly put a real dirtjumper on there for this year.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Well, lessee . . . 2004 the P.2 cost $770, the 2005 cost $900, the 2006 cost $1100, following the current trend it could very well cost $1300. Dang, Specialized is really upping costs for no real reason. I'd say the could have sold the 2006 P.2 for $1000, or even $900 retail and still reaped in profit. If they sold it for $900, especially, cause it would be a lot of bike for the money. A $1300 P.2 will be bought by people, but that's just because of the nature of selling things. $1100 is a fair price for the 2007 P.2, I'd say. I'd say things that are sold get purchased, eventually. Personally, a 1300 dollar P.2 is a better deal to me than a 1300 dollar Norco Two50 (singlespeed, with the same fork and OEM Hayes mechanicals).

Yes, they put on a dirt jumper, but I think they should of only put on a DJ 3 on the P.1. Make it green and black, and whatever other colors. I think that they should of put a moss green rockshox argyle on the P.3 and make the color scheme a sort of slate and green, that would look really nice, and on the P.2 and P.2 Cr-Mo they should put Dirt Jumper 2's (white with black trim for 2007) and make the P.2 Crmo a nice white/coloration and to complement the white skulls on the P.2 better.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
is teh rear a 32 hole and front 36? thats what it looks like

Ive never really understood the point of running less spokes on that kind of bike, why not 36s all around or even 48s?

The diffrence in weight is not enough to out weigh teh diffrence in strength. Common sense says more spokes=stronger.