Quantcast

Specialized painter

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I'm hearing rumors that there is a specialized certified painter that can do custom paintjobs and won't void warranty. This true?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dude, it's a mtn bike that's going to get scratched. just deal with the color.
There's an old phrase, "function over form", think about it.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I want a pj cause i don't want to void warranty and i think the stock looks like ass. Its gonna get scratched true, but i want it to be my bike, not just another one off the assembly line, i'm gonna keep it awhile so i want it to be custom.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
I think its called Olympic powder coating and they are located near Portland if I recall correctly?
that sounds like it. i know its up in portland. i thought it was the same people that use to do the Turners

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
aight, i'll give olympic a shot and see if they do it. its an sxtrail 08 i'm looking at. the treeline graphic is cool and all but i want it matte black frame and do the graphics in a mineral grey, something almost as dark. I basically want it to look matte black unless someone takes the time to look at it and see that its got that treeline and specialized. its mostly the warranty factor that has me thinking about doing this. Anyways thanks for the posts, you guys can bicker and argue on a diff thread, i consider this one done and over with.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ahhh sh*t, checked it out its not them, I got another email from a friend and so it turns out its call "Class Act Coatings". They have no contact info that i can find.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Is this new that Sp Ed isnt warranting frames if you have them custom painted? I didnt have any trouble sending in a set of chainstays for an 05 enduro that had a crack, and the bike was custom Pc'd Specialized didnt have any problems sending us a new set.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Wow, good to know. Now I am curious as to why they would void there warranty for someone painting there bike other than this one company..... I will have to ask our rep next week and see what he says about it

gonefirefightin

free wieners
send it to me, I will paint it for you,

I am a true professional with many happy customers, I will warranty your frame for 9 lifetimes,

During my high tech coating process I will only use three cans to get the job done....

Can number one....

Can number two

and can number three