Quantcast

Specialized Roll X

BULLIT_CN

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Anybody tried this tire...I was just curios how it performs since the thread pattern looks grippy and also there's a little ramp on the knob that was probably designed for a fast rolling tire???

Need your input guys from your experience...Thanks a lot...
:confused:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Well, I used them for a short while. This is what I found: they seem larger than your average 2.0 tire. The tread seems to work well and I didn't notice any increase or decrease in rolling resistance. Then, I slit a sidewall. That type of thing really pisses me off, so I took them off and started using something else. I'm on Panaracer Fire XC Pros now.

GspotRider

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
Burnaby, BC, Canada
I like the rollx tires for general xc riding. But for racing I have switched to kenda karma dtc. The rollx pro is about 575grams, rolls slower and is wider than the kenda karma (which is about 470grams).

In wet conditions and roots the rollx are pretty reliable compared to the kendas. I suppose it depends on what you are a trail rider or racer. Most racers would say it is too heavy and slow and wide.

I like them enough to recommend them.

BULLIT_CN

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Thanks a lot Guys, I normally just do trail riding and think it will work fine with me. However, On the hardpack surface with loose pebles is not that great...