Quantcast

Specialized Sunglasses...

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I have two: one mountain, one road.

Difference between the road and mtn lenses: tinting. Road are rosy tinted to pick up "road colors" and mtn are tinted more yellow-ish to pick up trail colors. Without looking at the Specialized dealer book, that's what I remember.

My Specialized Rep gave me a pair of the mtn to try out. I found I could wear them at night as well as day because the polychromatic lenses changed enough for both settings. Caveat: I have very good night vision. Some people might find them too dark for night riding.

I liked them enough that I got a pair for the road.

They breathe pretty well, but if you tend to sweat a lot of have trouble with glasses fogging, you might fog these as well. The frames on some models come all the way around the lenses.

(this is how dark the mtn lenses can get: http://drexlernet.tripod.com/photos/photo_05/morena_019a.jpg)
You can see how light they are in the shop. :)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Just picked up these.
So far all I can tell is that they are comfy and make me feel like Batman.
However sunglasses tend to piss me off on the trail because they either arent dark enough for the sunny trails or arent light enough for the shaded trails... I suppose these shoud do the trick... also, "I'm Batman".