Quantcast

Specialized SX review

gratiflying

Chimp
Apr 12, 2007
There is one really sh!tty FSA headset that will allow you to run a 1.5 steerer in a 49mm headtube - http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=36972&category=726

You would have to ditch the upper cup and use a standard 1 1/8", but it is cheap anyhow.
Another option would be a crankbros sage 1.5 directset (bearing and cup are one part)

Most traditional external headsets have approx 15-16mm of lower stack
Most "zero-stack" headsets acutally have 4-6mm of stack (including that FSA one)
The crankbros sage has 10mm of lower stack

So best case you'll get 10-12mm (1/2 inch or less) lower front end which is approx 1/2 degree of headangle.

With the crankbros setup, you'll get half that = 5-6mm lower front end ie. not much. however, i doubt it's possible to run a 1.5 with a "zero-stack" on this frame so i'd bet this is the lowest 1.5 setup.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Just got a shop with a fox account to order one.

Fox part #803-00-612

Should be able to also get it directly from Fox. Well to they sold it to me, I don't think I am special or anything.

Mine should be here in the next few days. Hoping it will let me run lower pressure to help a bit with the "DH" type riding.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ooh: just checked the fox site and found out they still make a 7.5 x 2.0 rp23. This might be fun :D
If you're serious about wanting one PM me. I'm tempted to ditch the one on my Spitfire for a Monarch Plus.