Quantcast

Specialized Vegas?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
My LBS is blowing out complete Specialized TJ Lavin Vegas bikes for $399 complete - originally sold for $599. The bike looks totally decked out: chromo 3-piece cranks (look like Profile SS cranks), beefy wheels, Gyro, etc... all mounted on a beefy 4130 frame. Does this look like a good deal?

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
BUY IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!! i almost bought the cheaper one with 1 piece and some other bad parts, but it was still good. get that bike you wont regret it!!!!!!:D :cool:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Ian F
My LBS is blowing out complete Specialized TJ Lavin Vegas bikes for $399 complete - originally sold for $599. The bike looks totally decked out: chromo 3-piece cranks (look like Profile SS cranks), beefy wheels, Gyro, etc... all mounted on a beefy 4130 frame. Does this look like a good deal?
I think the brake set up is terrible, to much power losss...and Specialized 3pc cranks aren't anything to get excited over...but if it's all you have to choose from then go for it......D

Nacon

Chimp
Mar 13, 2002
Austin, TX
Do they run housing around the seattube? I had never looked at the Vegas, 'til now (online pic), and that looks terrible. I can't imagine you get much power at all out of that.

With some imagination, you could rig up a bastard, or something similar, to work it looks like, but they really should have used a more conventional setup....plenty of other companies have been able to mount a seatstay brake without such a weird setup.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Actually they run the housing up to the seattube where there is a stop. The brakes actually work very well, and the build itself is excellent. Specialized cranks are the exact same as Profiles and are just as durable.

Just because the company doesn't have a bunch of burnt out potheads building the bikes in some poor excuse for a factory doesn't mean they are crap. Specialized makes some really nice bikes and they are getting even better. This years TJ Lavin for example is five pounds lighter than last year and rides awesome.

S

seth399

the complete is 5lbs lighter?! Sweet Jesus, thats alot of savings...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
the cranks on that rig arent the nicest, but who cares that bike rocks, and if the cranks are really bothering you, you could buy some nicer then those:rolleyes: