Quantcast

Specs for Drop off Triples

MA13_BK

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
Vancouver, B.C.
Um, I'm trying to sell my bike but I have no idea of the specs on the forks. I bought the bike used a month ago but due to financial troubles I have to get rid of it. The forks are Marzochii Drop Off Triples. So any info on it would be appreciated. I don't even know what year it is.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The Marzocchi site has all the specs, and there is a number stamped on the at the bottom of the fork leg (on the back of the leg) , which is the year.

MA13_BK

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
Vancouver, B.C.
Thanks.

It's stamped as an '03 model but the Marzocchi site says it should be an '04 one. Or is this like cars where new models are a year earlier.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
'04 Drop Off Triple 6" travel, I think only QR drop-outs.
'05 Drop Off Triple 6-3/4",170mm QR 20 drop-outs I think.
'06 Drop Off Triple 6-3/4", 170mm 20mm thru-axle drop-outs.

'04 is the first year of this fork. They have SSV damping, a long spring in just one leg, and no adjustments except PL air preload.

They share nearly all the same parts as the Super T and Junior T except for the simpler internals in the Drop Off. This fork has been given a bad reputation, but I've got a friend who regularly wins the Expert DH class on one and I used to do some pretty rough freeriding on one myself. The more expensive forks do work better, but most people would'nt actually know the difference so long as the Drop Off is set up correctly.

Hope this helps.

Oh, the decals say the year on them too.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
drop off is okay..i got one, and i think the 05 is a thru axle..since i have a fiath 3 i got last year and it has a through axle..anyways..i rode a boxxer, its too soft for me..but i wouldn't mind a shiver, ahahah..realistically i'd like a junior t which is a step above the drop off..my lbs said the drop off doens't have springs, it is all ait..

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
you won't get anything for the triple..ebay it and try your best to make it sound amazing..its nothing great..my lbs said it doens't have any springs..

psychobiker

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
charlotte nc
i have an 06 on my stinky it has air preload on right leg, air spring on left leg, and internal dampning adjustment on right leg. good fork it just take patience to dial it in ... i freeride and race dh on it with no problems