Quantcast

Speed Metal days are gone!

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
What has happened to Speed Metal?
They used to stand for parties, large women and staying up till 4 am on race days.
The famous quote that will live for ever; How can I get off with ... on the bed!
Long live the old days!

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Well, if you want someone young and irresponsible (the best combination for DH imo), I have had 2 unrelated injuries (and doctor visits(I know, that's really responsible))in one week.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Certified Drunk said:
This is what Speed Metal used to be! :D
800-GOT-JUNK
Yeah don't worry about them, you could join TBBXC's fan club. We're way sexier and we don't suffer from bad full face helmet hair. :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Certified Drunk said:
What has happened to Speed Metal?
They used to stand for parties, large women and staying up till 4 am on race days.
The famous quote that will live for ever; How can I get off with ... on the bed!
Long live the old days!

HAHA. That one first race will forever mark us huh?

Long live the old days, but why not work towards better and stronger days?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Certified Drunk said:
This is what Speed Metal used to be! :D
800-GOT-JUNK

I still dont remember when in the good old days we were Irresponsible........

I remember not having many sponsors. I remember having to wear black T-shirts as jerseys. I remember when we did fianlly get our first jersey, it was all F'ed up and rushed. We barely got it in time for the last 2 races.

I think its called growing up, if that means being responsible and having some great supporting sponsors (for racing) and having a strong team willing to support those who help us, and also having a dialed professional looking jersey before racing starts, then i guess thats just the way it goes.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:

I remember not having many sponsors. I remember having to wear black T-shirts as jerseys. I remember when we did fianlly get our first jersey, it was all F'ed up and rushed. We barely got it in time for the last 2 races.

I think its called growing up, if that means being responsible and having some great supporting sponsors (for racing) and having a strong team willing to support those who help us, and also having a dialed professional looking jersey before racing starts, then i guess thats just the way it goes.
:thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
oly said:

psssh

That aint Rock and Roll! j/k :D

Didn't help that jerks were making fun of your white jerseys either....those bastards! :sneaky:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
ChainWhip said:
LOL! You did warn us about the white... :D

Our jersey'll have less white this year - lesson learned. ;)
My jersey got dirty from me just putting it on.... then again, im known as pigpen to many......The new jerseys are gonna look slick, even at the price.... :mumble: but then hotshoppe does excellent work and its worth the $$.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Universe said:
You gonna ride some REAL trails after the Mt Washington race? :monkey:
Would love to, although my skills arent up to par on the big daddy stuff.....

This year were not going home sunday night(or monday morning as it was last year...we sat in line from 7:00pm to about 12:00am) So, maybe we could meet for a monday session before we get on the boats home?

oly said:
Would love to, although my skills arent up to par on the big daddy stuff.....

This year were not going home sunday night(or monday morning as it was last year...we sat in line from 7:00pm to about 12:00am) So, maybe we could meet for a monday session before we get on the boats home?
Since I am not on the team anymore ( i guess) do I get to tag along still to the Island ? :(

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
bibs said:
Since I am not on the team anymore ( i guess) do I get to tag along still to the Island ? :(
You do know your still part of the team if not on the active racer roster? I dont know why you feel that you've been booted to the curb? You've said many a time that you didnt know how much racing you could do because of $$, and that impacts more than just being able to race. There was an expectation to meet certain deadlines and commitments that had been set since november.....

Have you been checking your Speedmetal mail? I know there has been some correspondance to you as well as rocco and peter who arent active for this year, yet still considered family.

To answer, Yea i hope to see you at Mt Wa along with other events.

-d