Quantcast

Speed Springs

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm overhauling a '97 Judy XC for my girlfriend to use. I need to replace the stock springs with something lighter. Problem is, Rock Shox doesn't support anything older than 3 years. I called and they can't even tell me a part number for a soft type 2 spring. The bike shops I've been to, of course, don't have it, but can try to order it.

Anyone have experience with the MountainSpeed Speed Springs? Are there any other aftermarket springs that I could look into?

:think:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by BikeGeek
I'm overhauling a '97 Judy XC for my girlfriend to use. I need to replace the stock springs with something lighter. Problem is, Rock Shox doesn't support anything older than 3 years. I called and they can't even tell me a part number for a soft type 2 spring. The bike shops I've been to, of course, don't have it, but can try to order it.

Anyone have experience with the MountainSpeed Speed Springs? Are there any other aftermarket springs that I could look into?

:think:
I've used Mountain Speed and White Bros. springs, I actually Prefer the Mountain Speed. You would be amazed on the difference it makes.

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Try www.reset-racing.com Great accessories for forx - the spring sets and Blue Seals are top-notch!

The site is MOSTLY in English- drop me a line if you have any difficulties and remember that the Euro (€) is worth just a hair under a dollar U.S.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
mtnbikej - yeah I tried their website, but there's no info there. I actually found the springs buried in the sale page at cambria.com.

gravity - they are aftermarket springs that replace the spring and MCU in older RockShox forks. They also make springs for other brands.

Gallain - I've heard good things about those. The '97 Judy XC was a great fork...at least it worked well for me. I just need a lighter spring so that my gf can actually benefit from the suspension. As it is now, I have the preload completely off and she's still not getting compression. This will be her first season on dirt. Once she gets a little more aggressive, then I'll upgrade to the Englunds, or, more likely, get her a Zoke.

Ranger - thanks, I'll check it out.

Brian - that's what I wanted to hear. :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by BikeGeek

It looks like they may not make the fork upgrade springs anymore. I found the rear springs on their site, but no fork springs. Hmmm, maybe that's why I found them heavily discounted... :think:
Yeah you should find some decent deals on them, Keep looking they do exhist.