Quantcast

Speed traps on trails

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Even with the cops running radar. You can still ride. We have snow and ice right now. Then 2 months of Mud. It will be May before we get dry trails.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Landsharks where the bling road frames in their day, I had one prior to my Serotta in about 87 or 88. Google Landshark bicycle frame for some awesome frame paint.
I remember them. Usually owned by hippies. Worked on at least one over the years. I am a big fan of crowns on forks. The Hipstirers like them now.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

I had one of these. Same color and everything.

I hold this bike in high regard. I rode the fuck out of it. I enjoyed riding this bike more then any other.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
One of the guys we ride with got a speeding ticket on his road bike (they work on a secure military site and the speed limit is 20). He lost his parking privilege (car) for a month and could get in trouble again (loss of security clearance or something). It's really quite dumb when you think about it, because he doesn't drive anyway, but still a cool story.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...one of my own guys clocked me @ 56 in a 35 mph zone on base. I told him to write me up, as it would do wonders for my reputation, but he deferred. Stupid officers discretion policy...

(Disclaimer...it was on a downhill.)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
3/4 ton horse and buggy? Was it standing still? Or diesel hadn't been invented yet. The 'stache had not reached its full magnificence yet? No one knew what this mysterious "bicycle" thing you were riding was? General Custer wasnt brooking any shenanigans that day in prep for the Little Bighorn campaign?