Quantcast

Speed Trials?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
While looking around www.usacycling.org I found this little blurb under "mountain":

Vail to host 2005 UCI Speed Trials event

The 2005 UCI International Trials calendar has been announced and includes the Teva Mountain Games Speed Trials in Vail, Colo. June 5-6.

Speed Trials see riders race against each other on identical parallel courses. A lower level of difficulty than in typical trials competitions allows for an increased level of speed and race excitement. In June, spectators can see the world’s best trials riders challenge each other on a head-to-head course in Vail Village.

Can anybody paint me a better picture of what Speed Trials really is? I honestly can't picture it.

Anyone gonna race it?

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
its like a northshore type course- usually ladders and some drops and big-ups, but know really techy stuff. you could probably ride the courses fastest on a slalom hardtail actually.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
yes, especially after you complain about a speed trials event being too trialsy.

its just two trials courses set up side by side and then a dual race over them. for a second there i thought that hell had frozen over and norba had mentioned something about trials but then i realized that was stupid of me to think that. it was usacycling that gave trials some mention.

as for who will race it- who knows. i was supposed to ride in the one two years ago but was stuck in angelfire (oh boo hoo, angelfire rules). i was supposed to do the one this year until i showed up and saw how completely not-trials it was. maybe this year it will be better. it would be awesome if we could get some top uci guys over here for it too.