Quantcast

Speeders to pay for cops' gas, too....

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hmmm...

Speeders in the Atlanta suburb of Holly Springs, Ga., will soon face a $12 "fuel fee" when pulled over and ticketed, and Atlanta itself may not be far behind.

Police in the city of 7,700 were burning through their $38,050 budget for gas at a rate that would empty its coffers by late November. The new fee, which will go into effect July 1, could generate as much as $26,000 a year.
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20080618/1a_bottomstrip18_dom.art.htm

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Maybe I could charge the cops with a "fuel fee" for holding me up at the Dunkin' donuts drive thru!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Every asshole is trying to get someone else to pay for their gas now. My garbage collection bill went up because fuel prices are up. WTF? I don't get to f*cking pass my high fuel prices along to anyone else :rant:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Every asshole is trying to get someone else to pay for their gas now. My garbage collection bill went up because fuel prices are up. WTF? I don't get to f*cking pass my high fuel prices along to anyone else :rant:
You could hit your company up for a raise, citing fuel costs.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
just wait when Toshi gets his way and $20/gal price kicks in...

:rofl:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
just wait when Toshi gets his way and $20/gal price kicks in...

:rofl:
I live 7 miles from work and usually commute on my bike. So $20 gas wouldn't bone me as hard as it would a lot of people. It pisses me off that I even though I bought a house within a reasonable distance of my job, I still have to chip in for everyone else's increased fuel costs :rant:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I live 7 miles from work and usually commute on my bike. So $20 gas wouldn't bone me as hard as it would a lot of people. It pisses me off that I even though I bought a house within a reasonable distance of my job, I still have to chip in for everyone else's increased fuel costs :rant:
well, you need to pay for your portion of garbage collection

fuel cost impacts everything

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
awesome

I live no further than 5 miles away from anything in my town. food, work, school, anything.

Granted my car doesn't have an engine anyways, but still.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It might help if the cops didn't leave 2 empty cruisers idling outside of Costco for the 40 minutes I was inside yesterday.

It was warm though, almost 85 degrees. I can understand that leaving the AC on is vitally important in the fight against crime...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
It might help if the cops didn't leave 2 empty cruisers idling outside of Costco for the 40 minutes I was inside yesterday.

It was warm though, almost 85 degrees. I can understand that leaving the AC on is vitally important in the fight against crime...
I know my dog can handle that, even with the windows up on a sunny day while I go watch a movie in the theatre.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work

Also, if they turn off the car all their AOL instant messenger conversations on their laptop would be lost.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Also, if they turn off the car all their AOL instant messenger conversations on their laptop would be lost.
Not to mention their solitaire games.

Next time I get as ticket, i'm going to deduct my "fuel fee" for having to drive to court to pay it!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

$1.50 for a slice of pizza and a soda, it pays to leave the engine running:twitch: