Quantcast

Speeding tickets are teh suck

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I just got a ticket for 77 in a 65. I feel like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Any CA monkies know how much this is gonna cost me? Right now I am thinkin' about 150 so who knows.

:mumble:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I got a 78 in a 65mph zone ticket in Glendale. It cost me a whopping $78. It shouldn't be too bad ;)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
rooftest said:
$150 to $250. I've got 20 of those things, at least. If you're in LA, you can take online traffic school.

20 huh? Ouch...

Yea, the copper said I could take the TS online, so That's a bonus.

I am more bummed about the endless lectures from my dad.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
partsbara said:
i have four current speeding tickets... i swear one day i m gonna hit one of those cameras 50 times with a fvckin baseball bat....
they don't exist in the US. can you pay off my 11 y/o ticket from NZ?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
rooftest said:
$150 to $250. I've got 20 of those things, at least. If you're in LA, you can take online traffic school.
20? in what time period? (1 year, two years, etc)

Last I checked you would have had your license revoked after about 4 - 8 of them in one year. (I know because it happened to me)
narlus said:
they don't exist in the US. can you pay off my 11 y/o ticket from NZ?
You're a wanted man by now.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
johnbryanpeters said:
meh - maybe he'll just ground you.

Meh, I don't see why. I have to pay for the insurance, and the ticket, so I pretty much just screwed myself over and I realize that. I don't need him tellin me over and over.

J

JRB

Yeh - I was pretty bummed about 30 in a 20 here. It will cost $150 to take DD and be done. It would be $200 to pay it. I should go take pics and post them of the ridiculous new station they are paying, or should I say, we are paying for???

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
Yeh - I was pretty bummed about 30 in a 20 here. It will cost $150 to take DD and be done. It would be $200 to pay it. I should go take pics and post them of the ridiculous new station they are paying, or should I say, we are paying for???
Whether they ticketed you or not, you would be paying for the station, but I'm glad to see you are pitching in a little extra just because.:appropriate smilie here:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
wow, pulled over for 78 in a 65. maybe traffic cops up here just dont seem to care as much because in the boston area if you arent doing 80 then people are yelling at you to get the **** off the road.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My highest was 75 in a 40. With a lawyer it was reduced to careless driving.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
My "worst" was 98 in a 70 zone (after slowing from 170 to fiddle with my radar detector that had just blown a fuse).

As I fiddled the small blue dot that had been heading my way suddenly lit up like a xmas tree just before the truck passed me. Pulled over and the Nevada trooper wrote me a ticket for 75 in a 70 zone which carried no points, just a $65 fine.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
justsomeguy said:
My "worst" was 98 in a 70 zone (after slowing from 170 to fiddle with my radar detector that had just blown a fuse).

As I fiddled the small blue dot that had been heading my way suddenly lit up like a xmas tree just before the truck passed me. Pulled over and the Nevada trooper wrote me a ticket for 75 in a 70 zone which carried no points, just a $65 fine.
Ahhhhhh...... I-80? That stretch of road in NV just BEGS to be driven fast. :D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
gnurider1080 said:
wow, pulled over for 78 in a 65. maybe traffic cops up here just dont seem to care as much because in the boston area if you arent doing 80 then people are yelling at you to get the **** off the road.

Yea, there wasn't anyone around me to gauge my speed off of, but this is the usual speed on 395 in the boondocks.

The cop was nice about it but he was still more than glad to give the kid in the dark sunglasses and low hat a ticket. I'm just glad He didn't write me up for my exhaust

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
Whoa. That's a 2-laner through there, ain't it?
Yes. Great sight lines, very few cars and decent pavement (until you cross into Utah where it's not so good).

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
justsomeguy said:
Yes. Great sight lines, very few cars and decent pavement (until you cross into Utah where it's not so good).
I-80 between Stansbury Island (40 miles west of SLC) and Wendover=bliss.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
chicodude said:
I-80 between Stansbury Island (40 miles west of SLC) and Wendover=bliss.
Interstate truck route, too much traffic for cruising at high speed, more enforcement = not bliss for me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back in the day I got pulled over for doing 92 in a 55 at 3:00 A.M. Ended up with just a warning. The only lucky break I have ever gotten and the time I deserved it least.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
justsomeguy said:
Interstate truck route, too much traffic for cruising at high speed, more enforcement = not bliss for me.
Not all of us have Porsches... I think I clap my auto out at 120 :p

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
chicodude said:
I just got a ticket for 77 in a 65. I feel like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Any CA monkies know how much this is gonna cost me? Right now I am thinkin' about 150 so who knows.

:mumble:
Your Probably closer to $250 remember its also going to depend on teh zone your in(IE) school zone, contruction zone...

I dont know about your Ins, but i have statefarm, and they allow me to take DS every 18 months if i get a ticket to not raise the cost of my Ins, works out well

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
justsomeguy said:
Also, where else can you see things like the infamous Shoe Tree that stands East of Fallon?

Only UT State Troopers have been red enough around the collar to write me a ticket in the past ten years. The ones in Iron County especially loved my ponytail and beard.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
MisterClean said:
Also, where else can you see things like the infamous Shoe Tree that stands East of Fallon?
South on US95 between hawthorne and yerrington. Separates me from bootleg canyon so I know it well.:)

But 50.........oh 50.............I've made so many friend's cars cry on that road following a "don't sweat it, I'll drive this stretch". Pure petrol eating, ozone destroying bliss for hundreds of miles.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
loco said:
30 in a 20? That means you most likely in a school zone or a residential zone, and you should get spanked for speeding there. Save it for the freeway, where you dont' have to worry about hitting some kid.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
geargrrl said:
30 in a 20? That means you most likely in a school zone or a residential zone, and you should get spanked for speeding there. Save it for the freeway, where you dont' have to worry about hitting some kid.
I concur. Peopled who exceed in resedential areas and school zones deserve to be ticketed.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
I got a $15 fine in ND, for doing 73 in a 70. The statie wasn't overly amused when I asked if he was joking, when he handed me the ticket. I decided to pay it though, just not worth wasting my time in court, as I would have lost more money, from having to get out of work.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MisterClean said:
Nice, didn't notice that the first time I looked at this thread. Did you take that pic?