Quantcast

Speedy Beaver Fun Ride at Tree Farm 6/21

Nov 21, 2003
The all women's mountain bike team, the Speedy Beavers, are hosting a fun ride to encourage more women to get out there and RIDE! This ride is for all skills levels, we will break into groups accordingly. The ride will be held at the Pilchuck Tree Farm, off of 300th Street in Stanwood on June 21, 2006 at 6:00 pm.

This is one of our very favorite trails and you have to take advantage of them in the summertime, because the trails are closed all winter (Nov to May)! There are lots of cool flowy singletrack trails leading up the hill and a well maintained logging/fire road if you prefer. For a relatively fast moving group, the uphill will take an hour or less. We will head up to the monument by the Pilchuck Glass School to see the stellar view of the islands and Skagit Valley. We will stop there for our quick Summer Solstice celebration. Then we will head down, down, down the hill on some super fun, Super D style trails. There are a couple small kickers if you feel the desire, but it is all doable single track for everyone.

Directions to Pilchuck Tree Farm:
From Everett, go North On I-5 to Exit 215 (300th Street). Turn right onto 300th Street and go 6 miles to the end. Park on the side of the street.
From Mount Vernon, go South On I-5 to Exit 215 (300th Street). Turn left onto 300th Street and go 6 miles to the end. Park on the side of the street.
We will meet at the parking area at 6:00 pm.

Please RSVP to:
info@speedybeaverracing.com
This way we will know if we should wait for any late comers. When you RSVP, we can give you some contact names, numbers, and help arrange rides, if necessary.

For more information, please refer to our website:
http://www.speedybeaverracing.com/FunRides/FunRides.htm

THANKS! Hope to see you there!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
FYI, it's been pretty wet up there as of late. Hope it dries out for you.
Also, parking off 300th can be tight for space if you get a big turnout. there is a private drive at the end of the road and they've been blocked in before.

There may also be an iron ranger (steel post with a slot in it.)there by then. 100% of donations go to the trail maintenance efforts of the PRA, a multi-use group that works with tree farm manangement to make sure that we get to keep riding there. So, if you ride there a lot, please donate.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Looks like the weather is going to cooperate and start drying out Sat and be between 65 and 70 degrees on Wednesday( according to the Wopler dopler.)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Lumberjack said:
Looks like the weather is going to cooperate and start drying out Sat and be between 65 and 70 degrees on Wednesday( according to the Wopler dopler.)
You coming out for the ride?:)

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Yes ma'am I'll be there but a little later. I don't close until 6pm so I won't be up there before 6:30. How are you and TM doing?

Nov 21, 2003
Don't forget - we will be celebrating at the tree farm!
Since I can't ride right now, I will be mixing up the treats!
Come join the fun. There will be a group of guys going in a seperate group too including the Lumberjack! and my better half :D

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
It was cool to see that many riders turn out just for fun. Meeting some new folks and riding, it doesn't get much better than that!:love: