Quantcast

spelling bee!

J

JRB

sneakysnake said:
did the canadian win?, or that other girl
If it was national shouldn't the kids that know geography be pissed right now???

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I'm on summer break, so I've been more or less watching it throughout the day. It's actually pretty entertaining to watch and try to spell those words, since well, half of them are pretty damn hard! Of course, it's nice when you know some, or can figure them out correctly. :D

The whole national spelling bee's been a big thing around my schools for the last several years since one of my friends won it a few years ago; and then his brother got 2nd, and was the clip of the kid passing out that they showed a little while ago. :p

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I think the indian or the asian won, wait thats all of them! I walked in, on the middle of it and they said some super hard word, I was like dam, i wouldnt never know that, then my mom said that was the kids name! ahahha

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I just got back from a viewing party. We were all pulling for the Canadian girl. Spelling bees are all the rage here in DC. We even have our own - DC Bee. It involves a wee bit more drinking though than the Scripps National Spelling Bee :D.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
binary visions said:
I think my position as biggest dork on RM has just be usurped.

Seriously. A spelling bee?

Next time I have to paint something I'll invite you guys over to watch it dry.
For some reason I was fascinated by a 13 year old chick who had memorized the dictionary. Plus my GF wanted to watch it. Yeah that's my excuse :D

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
And too think I spent the night getting blasted on Mojito's... I lead such a wasted life. :nonono:

//is still a little drunk... :ouch: