Quantcast

spend some time with your pets today

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I found one of my cats dead in my yard this morning. Nothing wrong that I can see he's just dead. It's amazing how large an effect such a small animal can have on your life. I havn't cried since 6th grade and I can't stop now. he was one of the goofiest cats ever. His favorite foods were broclli and curry. Yes the spicy indian stuff. I'm going to take him to the vet and hopefully get a reason for why a perfectly healthy 1.5 year old cat dies.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Poison. Antifreeze.

Sucks.

Sorry.

Keep your cats inside.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Sorry to hear dude.

I am dreading when the time comes for my pets. A truly hateful time.

Chin up mate. I'll give my cat a pat right now...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Keep your cats inside.
I tried keeping my cat indoors but he decided he was going to be an outdoor cat, he was destroying my house. As soon as I started letting him out he was well behaved.

It is a miracle he has lasted 8 years though. Instead of hunting small animals he has a taste for tangling with larger animals. He has brought home all kinds of battle wounds.

Sorry about your loss DTG.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I tried keeping my cat indoors but he decided he was going to be an outdoor cat, he was destroying my house. As soon as I started letting him out he was well behaved.

It is a miracle he has lasted 8 years though. Instead of hunting small animals he has a taste for tangling with larger animals. He has brought home all kinds of battle wounds.

Sorry about your loss DTG.
Cats are def inside-outside animals. i dont think much would suck more than to be a cat who has to stay inside all the time.

My cat, Isis, is 19 years old now and sometimes she plays like a kitten..

:)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Sorry for your loss. We have 4 cats and I joke lots about waiting for one of them to die so I can another kitten, but I would really be heart broken :( A while back I thought my big, older cat, was going to die and I cried like a little kid

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I just buried him and it gave a little bit of closure. I'm still coming up with ways to blame myself. His brother is confused as we all are.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
I'm kinda in the opposite boat. I'm trying to Kevorkian my tremendously overweight and old dalmation peacefully. I'm pondering what whould happen if i locked her in a room with 10 lbs of cheesecake for a day (death by cheesecake, isn't that an icecream?). I've been through so many cats tho, and yea it sux when they go, usually I can't even find em. Yours musta been shot by a kid with his new bb gun or poisoned quickly by the neighborhood reject, cause cats usually like to run away, hide and die if they have the chance.

Get a new one and call it a day - theres plenty of cats that have been abused and put in shelters who will unfortunatly be "put down" sooner or later, they could use a caring owner like you

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Again, I'm really sorry.

Did you see the vet? Any insight as to what happened?
I talked to the vet on the phone and she thinks it may have been a ceasure. He had them when he was very little and it seemed like thats what it may have been. When I picked him up he was still really warm and it was 24 degree's out this morning. I didn't want to take him to the vet and have an autopsy. We thought he might have been a little retarded for a big but when he started showing how crafty he was we decided otherwise. He would remove every collar by bitting the piece that will come undone with force. The only one he would leave on was one with tiger print on it. Unlike most cats he would go right up to construction workers or anyone who came near or into the house, he was friends with dogs, and all the cats around.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The thing I like about cats is they are independent. Most cats can waltz right out the door and survive okay. You can never really own a cat. Kittys stay because they want to.

Shoot, my newest kitty survived for a couple of weeks on stolen cat food while living in the bushes outside my house, and he was only 5 weeks when I took him in.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Losing pets is so hard. After losing a cat when I was young, I decided to buy a turtle. After 15 years, she's still alive and kicking and, if all the turtle books are correct, she'll be kicking for another 85 years.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Sorry to hear about this. Reminds me of when I put our oldest Bichon down. At least he's playing with Alaina, keeping her company and all. Cried like you when I gave the injection and while burying him out by Alaina...............

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Sorry to hear dood. I lost a dog four years ago. Missed up right up to the day I brought another puppy home two years later. Hit the pound and get a kitten. Your cat would not want you to leave his little buddies at the pound without a home.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Sorry to hear dude.

I am dreading when the time comes for my pets. A truly hateful time.

Chin up mate. I'll give my cat a pat right now...

Why would .PitSteelers try to neg rep me for this post?

By the way dirttastesgood, hope you are feeling better. You sound like a good man.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I'm doing better. I'm taking his brother to the vet to go get him checked out and then I'm going to go do a nice long muddy trail ride.