Quantcast

Spider 29 DEMO available at Bike 29

The Monkey

Chimp
Sep 3, 2006
Waterbury VT
Anyone in the VT area interested in checking out the Spider, needs to come see me!
It just arrived today, and we have lots of good riding left. I was out today in the rain, and our local trails are holding up nicely.
It's a size medium.
Anyone interested should call or email me and set up a time to check it out.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Are there rideable trails up there right now George? Or do you already have snow on the ground and such?

I guess what I'm asking is - "Are conditions good for testing such a bike?"

The Monkey

Chimp
Sep 3, 2006
Waterbury VT
Conditions are great right now actually. The snow line currently well above 3000ft right now, and the trails we normally ride (Perry Hill area) are very well maintained. We were up there last weekend doing some drainage and rock work which have really helped to extend our season.
After next week though, wear a LOT of blaze orange.

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
Yeah, I was in the woods yesterday and came across a two separate gaggles of hunters. Good thing I was wearing my orange helmet and jersey! Not to mention I ride with Bells on my bike because there is a bear that lives in the forest where I ride and he/she has made a point of letting me know that I am in his/her territory. Haven't seen it yet but it has pretty big tracks and spoor!

George any comparison/comments between the RIP9 and the Spider? Do they weigh the same or is one heavier than the other?

What about suspension bob? From what I have read the RIP9 eliminates that but what is the cost of that elimination - weight?

You should do a write up on your blog.

The Monkey

Chimp
Sep 3, 2006
Waterbury VT
There is a lot of animal signs in the woods, mostly moose, but I have seen bears where we ride before.
I actually havent had a turn on the Spider yet, but check the blog later tonight. I will have some pictures up and my first impressions.
We're going to try and get out this weekend, but it's not supposed to get above 40:twitch: