Quantcast

Spider bite part two

So for those of you who saw the other post, the spider bite has subsided and there's a miny hole in my leg now, similar to a volcanoe. I've been on these antibiotic pills now for 3 days and still have a couple of days to go. They also gave me a tetanous shot(no f'n idea why). I don't have any symptoms from the spider bite, but I've contracted the flu starting last night. It's a mild flu, congestion, runny noise and minor ache's.

So my question is...you know how when you get a flu shot, it's a mild strain of the virus that weakens your system just enough for your anti bodies to fight back and strengthen itself in case of an attack against the real deal... Does a tentanous shot or antibiotics("Keflex") weaken your immune system or cause these type of symptoms, or do you think my body just has bad timing and contracted the flu at the sametime? I contacted the pharmacist and she thinks its just a coincidence. :think:

I'm not asking for professional advice, nor am I dying here or in immediate need of care so please refrain from the stupid remarks.("We aren't doctor's, go to the ER Idiot" etc)

I'm just posing a question, and there are a few medical peeps in here that might have some insight. I'm not going to take anyone's word as "GOLD" and I will see a doctor if things get worst but I thought I'd see what some "SEASONED" monkies have to say.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
you could have gotten the flu at the doctors office, with all the sick people around & stuff.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Nah, the Keflex (cephalosporin antibiotic) won't lower your immune system; they work totally differently.

Tetanus wouldn't do anything with the flu.

Looks like co-inky-dink to me.

My nurse-boy 0.2 cents.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
scrublover said:
Nah, the Keflex (cephalosporin antibiotic) won't lower your immune system; they work totally differently.

My nurse-boy 0.2 cents.
Wow <light bulb fizzles on>, now I understand what your nick is. Had me scratching my head for the longest time… Still can't figure out what in the blue blazes Stosh is tho. Might be his name, or might be the name of the piece of skin between the anus and the schrode in Swahili...<shrug>.

j/k Stosh ;)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Pau11y said:
Wow <light bulb fizzles on>, now I understand what your nick is. Had me scratching my head for the longest time… Still can't figure out what in the blue blazes Stosh is tho. Might be his name, or might be the name of the piece of skin between the anus and the schrode in Swahili...<shrug>.
j/k Stosh ;)

DING DING DING! We have a winner! :D

scrublover said:

My nurse-boy 0.2 cents.
thanks,

I new I could count on a nurse, they should really change that name of the profession to something like the physician assistant and join the two fields. My ex-wife's a nurse, and I was studying pre-nursing, all I've got to say is you guys do alot more and know alot more than the "nurses" back when that title was created. You guys "nurses" aren't quiet doctors, but you have to know alot that basically puts you into the same category...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
NineFingers said:
thanks,

I new I could count on a nurse, they should really change that name of the profession to something like the physician assistant and join the two fields. My ex-wife's a nurse, and I was studying pre-nursing, all I've got to say is you guys do alot more and know alot more than the "nurses" back when that title was created. You guys "nurses" aren't quiet doctors, but you have to know alot that basically puts you into the same category...
Right...nurses just aren't for changing bedpans anymore!