Quantcast

Spiffy!

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
nice site...even with the proprietary hubs/spokes it's nice to have the ability to run any rim you want :thumb:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I read about these somewhere a while back, maybe it was on RM. I can't remember. Looks like a nice approach to wheelbuilding. I would be interested to see long term reviews. very interesting indeed.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
The Morewood guys were testing those out at the nationals. They are definately going to be hot ticket. What's really cool is that you have some room with the spoke adjustment so you can use rims within a certain ERD dimension, but not have to use different length spokes like a normal wheel.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Jeezuz.... :drool: I just got my rear wheel built (Arrow DHX, DT spokes, Hadley 108pt w/Ti cassette body), and now I want something like that!!! Damn those guys!! They sound (by the specs they give) pretty light...maybe I'll go with them for my race wheel set... :dancing:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
the owner and such was talking about these on hcor.net
i'd run em, just worried that i'd rip those threads out of the hub... that would suck. he kept telling me it would never happen. sure just like everything else in the bike industry is unbreakable.....

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
price comes right around to what hadley/king laced with DT champion spokes and a mavic rim. 600 or so

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
the owner and such was talking about these on hcor.net
i'd run em, just worried that i'd rip those threads out of the hub... that would suck. he kept telling me it would never happen. sure just like everything else in the bike industry is unbreakable.....
...yeah, I'd have to aggree with DHS on this one. Ripping or stripping the threads at the hub = time to get a new hub... and that's a lot of money.

I also had the chance to talk to one of the Moorewood guys at Mt. Snow, and he was running Sun Rhyno XL's w/ the I-9 hubs... there was a pretty big flat spot on the rear rim, but he said it was O.K., because "there is plenty of thread left on the spokes to straighten it out, and correct for it".

I might be interested, but let's not forget one other important thing here: How well-built are the bearings, and the free-hub body including pawl engagement points....?????

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
There was a chick riding the xc wheels at Fontana a few weeks back. She was riding w/ a cat on a white moorewood tearing down Luellan Cove (I can't spell the name of that damn trail and I don't know the moorwood kids). I met them at the bottom and they rode ahead while I was waiting for my friend. I know nothing more than they looked neat - they were freakin RED! - and the freehub was ringle loud. My useless post for the day.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
they look like great wheels but waaaay to expensive for my tastes give me my king on a rhno lite or mtx