Quantcast
The license plates in Louseyana say "sportsmans paradise" on them.
I'm thinking "polluters paradise" might be more applicable:rant:

The whole gulfcoast region relies on fresh seafood to keep all the choice eateries full of tourists and people with jobs. Its a really big industry so yeah, we are pretty nervous about all the bad info coming out.
The gallons spilled per day has jumped exponentially ..............:think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The license plates in Louseyana say "sportsmans paradise" on them.
I'm thinking "illiterate paradise" might be more applicable:rant:

The whole gulfcoast region relies on fresh seafood to keep all the choice eateries full of tourists and people with jobs. Its a really big industry so yeah, we are pretty nervous about all the bad info coming out.
The gallons spilled per day has jumped exponentially ..............:think:
fixed.

and if by exponentional you mean 42,000^1.4305992978, then yes, its exponential :rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dont try calling me out for fuzzy math!
I think exponential is a fair term b\c we now have more leaks at a higher volume and with the time frame to cap this stuff there's gonna be so much oil around that exact mathmatical equations will not even matter
sorry man i couldn't control my inner math nerd :nerd:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
why is it they've yet to combine a windfarm & an offshore oil rig? it's nearly always windy enough to power one of those platforms, right?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do they have any kind of plan to stop the leaking or are they just going to wait until the earth is empty?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Do they have any kind of plan to stop the leaking or are they just going to wait until the earth is empty?
I heard something on NPR about them lowering a huge fabric tent over the whole thing, at 5,000 feet deep? :rofl:

Then I heard some others are going to tap into the well elsewhere and drain it, but it will take months.

Looks like we are going to be leaking about 250,000 gallons\day for 2 maybe 3 months till its shut off down deep. AND!!! The local radio guys have uncovered that BP looks to have saved $500,000 on a safty cut off valve on the Horizon deepwater rig that costs hundreds of millions:mad:

Okay so i'm renting an empty tanker truck to go down and scoop up as much free earl as possible . Then go home and process it into diesel for the ol Ford.
Anybody else want some?
Free oil friday
Reposted for truthyness

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'd like to blame someone besides my ex-employer. But obviously, now is the time to fix the problem.

There is a damn leak on the ocean floor 5000 feet below sea level.

Any suggestions?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Why did this have to happen where the **** ends up on my beaches? :mad:
Because YOU (Floridians in general) wanted it.

One Obama initiative popular with Floridians is his call for offshore oil drilling. Voters approve of offshore drilling in general 66 - 27 percent and approve drilling off the Florida coast 64 - 28 percent.
Congratulations, here's your sh!t sandwich. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like we are going to be leaking about 250,000 gallons\day for 2 maybe 3 months till its shut off down deep. AND!!! The local radio guys have uncovered that BP looks to have saved $500,000 on a safty cut off valve on the Horizon deepwater rig that costs hundreds of millions:mad:

Reposted for truthyness
Looks like we can pretty much write of the Gulf Coast for the next 100 years.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
On the bright side, all the money that BP will have to pay in mitigation could mean some job security for those of us working with the environment.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just like 3 mile island didn't absolutely dissuade me from being pro-nuke energy, nor does this. i believe if we are going to consume oil (and we are), we should not depend on foreign sources.

naturally, this event should be reviewed & its causes appropriately addressed. to put an embargo - see what i did there? - on drilling is overreacting

I'd like to blame someone besides my ex-employer. But obviously, now is the time to fix the problem.

There is a damn leak on the ocean floor 5000 feet below sea level.

Any suggestions?

Yeah i hear ya but front page of the WallStreet Journal today is an article on how BP elected to NOT have a remote acoustic switch:rolleyes:
The stakes are so high...
Anyhoo, the scale of damage and the inability to deal with the leak at that depth is no doubt going to end up with lots of new regs for the industry.
No idea on what to do now?:confused:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
just like 3 mile island didn't absolutely dissuade me from being pro-nuke energy, nor does this. i believe if we are going to consume oil (and we are), we should not depend on foreign sources.

naturally, this event should be reviewed & its causes appropriately addressed. to put an embargo - see what i did there? - on drilling is overreacting
I agree, but only in as much as these issues are decided in our rational mind. I think a great deal of this issue on both sides of the aisle is emotional/religious: the left in nature worship, the right in bible-thumping "the world is for man's enjoyment so **** you"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

It just points out the need for, gasp, regulation.:shocked:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Remind me again what the terrible repercussions of three mile island were?
it gave the 3-boobed chick some work in total recall. also b/c of this spill, that shamwow guy can keep his gig running for a few more years. should help him make bail when he starts slappin around cajun hookers

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the right in bible-thumping "the world is for man's enjoyment so **** you"
i think the right's desire is more from a pro-business or pro-capitalism pov.

if we start seeing them sop it up w/ a koran, however, you could be right

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Three Mile Island is like touching bumpers while parallel parking compared to any oil spill which is affecting ALL the states on the Gulf Of Mexico and there is no end, literally, in sight.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
what's the worst damage expected from this? limited O2 exchange from surface cov'g? marshland pollution? prolonged foodchain disruption?