Quantcast

Spinning Class!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well, we survived spinning class. It was a good, hard workout. My legs were burning from top to bottom a few times. I sweated like a freaking PIG!! I would like to try it again though. I held back a little bit because I did not know what to expect next. I was afraid that if I went all out, I'd be too burned to do whatever was coming next. Next time I will know what to expect. I was not able to keep up with the instructor the entire time, and I had to slow to my own pace a few times. I expected that though. As a first timer, I was just happy to get through the workout without killing myself. I can tell these classes will be great for off-season training. The 45 minutes flew by.

Oh yeah, MBC hit a rock and fell down. :D

Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Oh yeah, MBC hit a rock and fell down. :D

lol, yeah, I WISH there were rocks. 10 minutes into it, I was reminded WHY I'm not a roadie!

It was ok. I totally ran my own race but I'm just psyched I made it through 45 minutes without stopping. And the only think that kept me from stopping was the sheer embarrassment of stopping while the OLD people in the class kept going.

The instructor said we did very well for newbies, but you never, now, he was probably just being polite.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Congratulations you two! That was my suggestion yesterday..to bring a pedal wrench and swap out the pedals if you could. You will get a better workout then. IRB- I may have just the product for you so you don't have to wipe all that sweat out of your eyes! I saw these headband things at the last 24 Hour race that everyone else bought and love. They divert sweat away from your eyes and down the side of your face instead. I just bought three! Their website is kinda cheesy though http://www.haloheadband.com/

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Heidi
Congratulations you two! That was my suggestion yesterday..to bring a pedal wrench and swap out the pedals if you could. You will get a better workout then. IRB- I may have just the product for you so you don't have to wipe all that sweat out of your eyes! I saw these headband things at the last 24 Hour race that everyone else bought and love. They divert sweat away from your eyes and down the side of your face instead. I just bought three! Their website is kinda cheesy though http://www.haloheadband.com/
(psst! MBC.....Xmas!!!)

That class was fun. My butt got numb. I struggled a bit during the standup parts, but I did ok.

What a hell of a great way to end the day. :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

Thanks, you can mail the extra 2 to us.
HA! I bought so many so that I wouldn't have to wear wet sweaty ones on back to back day rides or days when I do two rides! There will be no extra's!!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Those seats SUCK. I want a nice big cushy seat that doesn't make my crotch go numb! It's not like I hafta worry about getting behind the saddle on the downhills!

*Sigh* Will you EVER be happy??? :D Yes, the seats are a bit harsh, but if you go enough you get used to them...kinda.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Yes, when I'm sitting in my living room watching tv with a beer and nachos. DUH!
I did that last night. Red Lady Ale from Crested Butte, CO and nachos! I guess I should be in the beer and food forum.:D

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
YOu Girlzzz (and a Guy) crack me up.. hehehehe. Reading this thread was a nice way to start the morning:D

Glad to hear you two had fun. Just out of curiosity, what kind of music did the instructor play? ALso, did he turn the lights out? Its sooo much better with the lights out:p

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by JOJO
YOu Girlzzz (and a Guy) crack me up.. hehehehe. Reading this thread was a nice way to start the morning:D

Glad to hear you two had fun. Just out of curiosity, what kind of music did the instructor play? ALso, did he turn the lights out? Its sooo much better with the lights out:p
I didn't recognize the music. It was all techno stuff...no lyrics. The music changed as the ride changed. It wasn't bad. The room was lit only by dark, floursecent lights. It made MBC's teeth look green.

:D

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Hehe thats cool! I wish we had black lights. I turn the lights out and its just plain dark;) I taught a really fun class last night... we had a full house, I actually had to turn people away... I HATE doing that:(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was sweating so much, I could not get a good grip on the handlebars. And my legs were getting so sore, at the end I had a hard time pedalling at ZERO resistance.

Can we keep talking about this? Not only do I enjoy talking about it, but it keeps me motivated and looking forward for my next workout. :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Our class is always full, I have to reserve a spot like a week in advance! It fits 18 people, tonight I'm #1 on the waiting list, I hope I get in!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
OK, I ordered those halo headbands earlier this week and they already arrived. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. Anyone who sweats a lot when they ride should check em out. They rule!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I wear a baseball hat...... backwards :think:
That simply will not do. This thingy diverts water away from your eyes, you can wear it under your helmet too!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Heidi

That simply will not do. This thingy diverts water away from your eyes, you can wear it under your helmet too!
I need one of those, I cant get my hair back in a pony tail now that it is so short so its kinda crzy teaching with all this hair in my face:think: and I sweat ALOT:D

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO

how many can you have? our had 12 bikes, but only 5 people (including us).
Well we would have 18 but two of the bikes are broken so right now 16 is the max... my night class is always pretty full but in the am i only get around 8 people.... most people are at work at 9:30 am.... except the house wives.... hehe:D