Quantcast

spinning out of a fanufu. (help)

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by spacemanspiff06, Oct 7, 2005.

1. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    so. acctual question about riding. i just learned fufanus... mostly. i can ride up a bank or quarter, pop up, and stall the back tire on somthing, and if the place is right, hop forward off whatever i stalled on. but if i have to hop backwards, i can't spin around. do i have to pre-spin my torso as i start to push off or what? is this the sort of thing that will be massivly easer once i get a HT? any advice on fanufus will be aprecated. :help:

#1 -   Oct 7, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 92
    Definitely easier on a HT 'cuz you don't have to push through the squish when you "push off." I think it helps to twist your head and torso around and look back to where you want to go, after a while it's natural and your bike will follow. Also, the bigger your bank, quarter, etc., the more room/time you'll have to get turned around right...

Edit: Um, you meant fufanu right? Not sure what a "fanufu" is, so if you didn't mean fufanu you can ignore my suggestion.

#2 -   Oct 7, 2005
  3. skurfer333

skurfer333 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I was sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what a fanufu was myself. But yah, HT will definitely make it easier to push off and give you more control.

#3 -   Oct 7, 2005
  4. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 92
    Dyslexics, untie!!

I mean, err, UNITE!! :D

#4 -   Oct 7, 2005
  5. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    yeah, funny thing is i learned em trying to do a endo.
    the bank at home is kinda small. i hate it when the advice is to do somthing faster or bigger and it's easer. oh well, !ecivda eht rof xnaht

#5 -   Oct 7, 2005
  6. corey_rideDC

corey_rideDC Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    fufanu = plant rear tire, ride out fakie; abubaca = plant rear tire, spin 180, ride out

i'm still trying to nail abubacas... i can do a mean 110 degrees around. waaaay easier on a hardtail. probably impossible on a fully. i think the key to the spin is to hop up, not out. but i'm having problems following my own advice there.

#6 -   Oct 7, 2005
  7. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    i managed to ride out fakie twice, but i suck at riding fakie. the times i've tryed an abubaca ended with me on my ass at the bottom of the bank. i got my head and torso around but the bike wouldn't.

#7 -   Oct 8, 2005
  8. formermtboarder

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    i cant really do either well, but i have a friend who rotates about 60-90 degrees before he lands on the lip/bank and then rotates another 90 degrees out, i dont know if that really helps, but it seems to work for him

#8 -   Oct 8, 2005
  9. proanti1

proanti1 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    act like you are dropping in, just start at an angle, fufanu, then drop in. i learned on a spine myself and that makes is really easy because you can drop forward instead of behind, it lets you get the hang of dropping virtical. you can also learn to fakie, just go up, fufanu, then fakie out of it.

#9 -   Oct 8, 2005
  10. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    i've been working on the fakie part for the better part of the summer.

11. bikenweed

bikenweed Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    It's way easier to hop back in than simply turn. Just give it a little hop directly up, rather than backwards, like with an abubaca. Once you hop up and you're in the air, turn your head a bit and spot your landing. It's good to hop up more than back with the fuf, and it looks way better. Definitely the smoothest way to do them. Since you can already hop forward, which is a lot harder, hoping up and back a little will come naturally. Or so I hope. I had to remember all of this the other day with opposite fuf's, and the hop is essential. Not a big hop, but enough to get off the coping and into the air to make the spin possible. Good luck!

I don't mess around with my fufanu's.

12. boostindoubles

boostindoubles Nacho Libre

Rep/Likes:
    123 / 1,330
    you can practice pulling the flip around by just rolling up a quarter with enough speed to go up a little ways and then rolling backwards and trying the spin out. That way you dont have to bust the fufanu trick, just roll up and back and spin out.. practice man!

13. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    sweet thanx for the advice. now if it would only dry up...

14. MMike

MMike A fowl peckerwood.

Rep/Likes:
    61 / 84
    who makes up these names?

15. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 92
    Doh! Two points, that is correct, I wasn't thinking earlier.

Bikenweed, sweet pic! Is that San Francisco? I think I was there that day...

16. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    this homeless guy who hangs out at the park. you should hear his kids names.