Quantcast

Spirits amongst us...

My wife is filipino, and a devote christian. She totally believes in getting new places that we move into blessed, it's kind of her upbringing, and a big part of their culture, at least the catholic filipino's. I'm a christian myself, but have never heard of getting a house blessed.

Well we just moved into our new home a couple of months ago and my dog is barking at random nothings as if there's something standing there. His hair goes up, and he barks, and I can't do a damn thing to stop him from barking.

Just curious if anyone has had this type of experience, and or if you get your houses/appartments blessed?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
The Mormons around here consecrate all of their buildings, but I don't think they do it to their houses. It's essentially the same thing...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Yeknomedir said:
My wife is filipino, and a devote christian. She totally believes in getting new places that we move into blessed, it's kind of her upbringing, and a big part of their culture, at least the catholic filipino's. I'm a christian myself, but have never heard of getting a house blessed.

Well we just moved into our new home a couple of months ago and my dog is barking at random nothings as if there's something standing there. His hair goes up, and he barks, and I can't do a damn thing to stop him from barking.

Just curious if anyone has had this type of experience, and or if you get your houses/appartments blessed?
jesus tittie fvcking christ!

Drew360

Chimp
Nov 4, 2003
California
This is a totally normal experience. It doesn't suprise me that your dog is picking up on negative energies. Not all things can be explained with science.I would definately have someone who is "sensitive" visit your home and find out who or what is residing there. Just the comfort of you knowing in your own mind that you had someone check the house out will "most of the time" comfort you.
Is this a new house, or one that other people have lived in?

Drew360 said:
This is a totally normal experience. It doesn't suprise me that your dog is picking up on negative energies. Not all things can be explained with science.I would definately have someone who is "sensitive" visit your home and find out who or what is residing there. Just the comfort of you knowing in your own mind that you had someone check the house out will "most of the time" comfort you.
Earth to Drew360, get-a-life... :rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
johnbryanpeters said:
Earth to Drew360, get-a-life... :rolleyes:
:thumb: . some "alternative" theories actually have a leg to stand on. such a theory would be acupuncture. others, such as wearing those magnetic arm bands and talking about "negative energies" while waving ones hands about, don't.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Josh- I would say your dog has a pretty good nose, maybe smells a cat or dog that used to be in the house. Of course maybe there is something going on. Yesterday I was working in the house and I heard a cat fight under the house. Two cats under the dang house. I am glad the wife wasnt home or I would have been crawling under the house. I am still looking for a dog-a small one and now I guess agressive enough to run the cats out of the house.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
where do you live? I could stop by and tell you what's going' on. you know why???

...I can see dead people

whatever you do...just don't watch the videotape!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
My dog always stares at the basement door. My friend is convinced there is a ghost down there. I say fvck it, if he's there, he should come up and join the party :thumb:

Drew360 said:
It's a new house, that's what's weird...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Yeknomedir said:
It's a new house, that's what's weird...
Maybe they moved just the headstones.

I was raised catholic, and I remember my grandmother getting her house blessed. and calling the priest whenever one of my aunts or uncles moved. I also have an aunt and uncle who's house is haunted. Some really freaky stuff going on in that house, I'll tell ya what!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Steven Brust wrote a book about a ghost who accidentally scared everyone away, until a vampire moved into the vacant house. The ghost was so happy to have company and they became friends.

So, befriend your ghost, he might be lonely and have lots of fun stories to share.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah!

Get the little lady from Poltergeist to check it out and throw tennis balls in the closet!

This is so cool, I was listening to Anthrax on my way into work. Must of been the spirits preparing me for this thread.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Yeknomedir said:

My house has never been blessed, but I wonder if there is some ghost lurking in the spare bathroom...my cat goes in there and will stare at the wall and just emit this loud weird meow...sometimes she jumps in the bathtub (no, she's not looking for water, she always has a clean bowl of fresh water available to her) and does that...weird...

J

JRB

Is this the room with all the bikes??? Maybe the cat thinks it's weird.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
haha it's the grand self imposed deception. Cats are killers to the bone. :)

Sure they may be soft fuzzy and "cute", so i guess they're soft fuzzy cute pyscho's.

My grandma was telling me one time her and her sister were really young they found some cougar cubs in an old abandoned barn. They were playin around with em for a while, don't know where the mom was.... they were lucky.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
loco-gringo said:
By "rocks" do you mean "relatively ghey"????

After reading Golgi's
"I look like Will from Will n Grace thread"
I no longer understand the term relatively.....

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
No...read my post again c word...it said SPARE BATHROOM...and something about a BATH TUB...

Yeah - now that you mention it, bathroom and bedroom look nothing alike. :help: I just assumed the bedroom was next to the bathroom. I don't pay attention. :( I love how you use c*nt. Is it endearing at least???

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
My 2 Siamese cats (prine and king) do the same thing. They become fixated on a particular door in the house and not even a nuclear missile could interrupt them. Both staring. This happened the night my buddy recently died. Wonder if he stopped by for a visit on his way up? Or his way down. Upstairs in my boom boom room, I got a widescreen TV. its about 5' off the ground. Sometimes Prince goes up there and sits staring at the ceiling. I swear he's trasmitting data back to the mother ship.

Knuck