Quantcast

spoke legnths involving profile hubs

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
So I am building up atomlab pimplites (24") to a profile non disk front and mini rr (36h, 3 cross). I have looked on line for a calculator, no luck, I've called my LBS and several mailorder places, no luck, can anyone help me with the sizes that I need, please!

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Doesn't atomlab do their spokes funny vs. other companies? Or is that only in regards to their oversized nipples (wow I laughed in my head at that)?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Perfect, thanks guys!

FYI, the front is 229.4, rr drive side is 228.6, and non drive side is 230.8.

Maybe I could just get a bunch of 230's and be good to go :-) Or maybe not.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
congrats on scorin' those digits for the build.

but... alright, call me a leach...

anybody got any clue on the specs for a G-sport marmoset hub?

or how about a 24" alienation runaway rim?

and the biggest question, how do you factor in if you are lacing your spokes to cross like the wheelbuild on a g-sport Ribcage rim, do you know what I'm saying? runaway is similar.... any help here is appreciated.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
congrats on scorin' those digits for the build.

but... alright, call me a leach...

anybody got any clue on the specs for a G-sport marmoset hub?

or how about a 24" alienation runaway rim?

and the biggest question, how do you factor in if you are lacing your spokes to cross like the wheelbuild on a g-sport Ribcage rim, do you know what I'm saying? runaway is similar.... any help here is appreciated.

sorry no answers but where did you find a runaway rim from? qbp?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
sorry no answers but where did you find a runaway rim from? qbp?
haven't got my hands on one yet.... that's what has been holding me up so long on building this front wheel.... was gonna just go with the ol' BFR or maybe a rhyno or pimplite, but I figured it's winter here anyway and I can't ride, so I'll just wait for this rim to come along, no hurry other than in my head.
apparantly the beginning of Feb is when the 24's will be available from them, at least according to an email from a tech guy from their site...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
you usually get the hubs and tims and bring them to you lbs and they figure out the spoke lengths
Maybe you do.

Grom, I've wrenched for over a decade at LBS, I know as much if not more then they do about what I'm doing. Seems silly not order all the stuff at the same time as well, don't you think?

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
yeah true that. didnt know you wrenched. i stand corrected. i go to a mech who has been wrenching at least 20 years for my stuff, they have a spoke calculator there. he gets the rima nd hubs and calculate spoke length. idk how

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
yeah true that. didnt know you wrenched. i stand corrected. i go to a mech who has been wrenching at least 20 years for my stuff, they have a spoke calculator there. he gets the rima nd hubs and calculate spoke length. idk how

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
You can figure it out with a formula or a calculator that either takes measurements from the rim and hub or from a data base that already has all of the information. Sadly, with some of these little companies the information isn't all available. It all worked out though, just had to work a little harder to get the information.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Every person in the world has a spoke calculator. They just don't know it. And deminsions on hubs and the ERD of a rim is all common information found on most company websites or on BTI.

It's all common information that is rarely used.