Quantcast

spoke length help

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
Im building 24 inch wheels and i cant find the right spoke length. Im using profile hubs and atomlab pimplites. According to my LBS i need some 228 and 227 spokes but no one actually makes them. Can anyone help me out?

D.E.T.

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
NC
Universal Cycles has silver DT Champion spokes in 228mm. If you are looking for Double butted, you may be out of luck. I was trying to find some for a 24" build I did last year, but couldn't track any down, via internet or LBS.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i found a guy on ebay who will custom cut you any size spoke in straight gauge spokes (2.0) he can do black or silver and even titanium. i used them on a build last year and have some going to be laced up on tuesday for my new wheelset. work perfect. he used to work for wheelsmith for 10 years and when he was quiting he bought one of their older machines off of them. the best part is he will cut them exactly to the sizes you want, with shipping and everything for the black ones it was $33. he gives you 75 spokes.
here is his email, he doesn't post on ebay now cause he had a kid but will still do them if you email him. he takes paypal

lkspoke@yahoo.com

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
i found a guy on ebay who will custom cut you any size spoke in straight gauge spokes (2.0) he can do black or silver and even titanium. i used them on a build last year and have some going to be laced up on tuesday for my new wheelset. work perfect. he used to work for wheelsmith for 10 years and when he was quiting he bought one of their older machines off of them. the best part is he will cut them exactly to the sizes you want, with shipping and everything for the black ones it was $33. he gives you 75 spokes.
here is his email, he doesn't post on ebay now cause he had a kid but will still do them if you email him. he takes paypal

lkspoke@yahoo.com
Sweet! Thanks alot i really didnt want to buy new hoops

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Sweet! Thanks alot i really didnt want to buy new hoops

let me know how it goes. usually when you tell him what you want he cuts them and ships them the next day priority mail. can't wait to lace up my new hoops and get riding again.