Quantcast

Sponsors?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
So i just got back from a Plattekill race, and I was the only person on the Jr. X list who wasnt sponsored. How does one get sponsored and do you need race results and stuff? What do sponorships usually consists of? Discounts on parts or just being able to put Maxxis on the race application? :D

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
You should look up product companies websites to see what they offer and what they expect from you. Your LBS would also be able to tell you about manufactorers that have "grass roots" programs..

Sponsorhouse.com is an option

good luck

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
mack said:
So i just got back from a Plattekill race, and I was the only person on the Jr. X list who wasnt sponsored. How does one get sponsored and do you need race results and stuff? What do sponorships usually consists of? Discounts on parts or just being able to put Maxxis on the race application? :D
What was your time man? I got 3:51 which was alright. The course got so beat at the bottom, I slipped my pedals twice in like 10 second and lost alot of time...

I was the kid whith the Gravity Warehouse Jersey, Red Demo 9 with DH40 and a Black TLD...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I got a 3:58, pretty bad. I fell at the finish, my bike was ghost shifting the whole run because the cable got cliped at the top some how. Any ways, at the finish i was pedaling like a mad man because i knew i had to make up for lost time, and of course a BANG! and the bike shifted into a lower gear, causing me to loose the pedals and slam my nuts on the top tube. I held on but the crash/toboggan ride riped the top clear off off my new vans shoes, and my toes hurt allot :mumble:

Red Bull, i dont think that i saw you, and yeah the course was pretty hacked. I was the kid with the black turner, mtx rims and shivver. I was there with my Dad, i get my lisence soon so no more parental unit. :thumb: