Quantcast

Sponsorship

jakefisher59

Chimp
May 13, 2011
how does a good rider find sponsorship? I am looking to further my mountain biking career and would like to pursue some sort of sponsorship (big or small) in the near future.

Any suggestions?

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
my basic understanding is you need to keep track of your official results and make a resume of them. either send them off to who you would like to ride for or try to meet people from the company at races. even contact the company and see what they require, it could be different from company to company. you should repost this in the The Lounge section too, there are a few Monkey's who have sponsors

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
maddog17 is correct. You'll need a race resume first. Then I would suggest hooking up with a local bike shop that has a team. Most of the big sponsorships (major industry) have deadlines in late summer/early fall for the next season and you can find all of that information on their websites. Good luck!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
agree with everything above.

to add some more info:

when submitting your resume, state your goals (short term, long term; things like: qualify for nationals, move up a class, etc)

if you have any upcoming events, list them.

put in a statement about what you as a rider could provide them in return for their sponsorship. most companies wanna know whats in it for them, other than giving you discounted parts.