Quantcast

Spooky PSA for all the fabricators/welders out there

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A few years ago, several people required medical attention after going to a local swimming pool. Apparently, there was a problem with the chemicals used to clean the waters (can't remember if it was a matter of proportions, wrong labels or both), but people had to be taken to the hospital to recover.

The incident gained some notoriety because of the weird explanation given to the news by the young pool watcher (perhaps a teenager) that did the mixture, not by the fact that she probably was a minimum-wage worker without any knowledge or experience to do such things.
some larger public pools actually use a gas based chlorination system.

also, large public pools that still use solid or liquid chlorination are required to have oxygen tank nearby because of the large volumes of the chemical.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm really better with English. All I'm getting is clicking noises.
JTFC you backwoods swampwater drinking gator fvcker. I never said that exposure to chlorinated water and chlorine byproducts had no health effects. Your analogy comparing it to something carcinogenic like smoking is what's retarded.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah, and what happens when you're in a bad wreck and those batteries get all busted up? Do they still function? Cover you with acid? Light on fire? Honest question here...
Absolutely nothing. The hi voltage battery pack is nothing more than a ****-ton of c cell batteries ran in a combination of series parallel configurations to give Hi amperage and voltage, usually a NiMh for a base, unlike your lead acid batteries, there is no fluid inside of them. Its a dry cell battery.

Although firefighters are being trained what to look for when responding to an accident now.

If you know how to shut the system down then it becomes safe to work on, but if its orange..... DONT touch it.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
This thread has just made me even more glad that today is my last day in an organic chemistry lab.

Bad news for that guy, although 9 days of suffering before you go and see a doctor, don't understand.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Absolutely nothing. The hi voltage battery pack is nothing more than a ****-ton of c cell batteries ran in a combination of series parallel configurations to give Hi amperage and voltage, usually a NiMh for a base, unlike your lead acid batteries, there is no fluid inside of them. Its a dry cell battery.

Although firefighters are being trained what to look for when responding to an accident now.

If you know how to shut the system down then it becomes safe to work on, but if its orange..... DONT touch it.
Alright, good to know! Thanks for the explanation, and I won't touch the orange one!!!