Quantcast

Spooky Track bike

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Here is a project that I have been working on for a while, finally finished it. Its a one off Spooky road frame painted in Prestone antifreeze green.
Originally I was going to build it back up as a geared road bike, but got another frame for that, so it became a single speed "track" bike.
Here are some of the parts on it; Soma Major Taylor bars, Soma camo bar tape, Selle Italia Ferrari seat w/ carbon rails, Thomson post, Topline vintage cranks, Tioga Surefoot IV pedals, KMC half link chain, Shimano 105 42t front ring, Chris King 18 t al cog, Campy Mirage brakes, Syncros ti bb, Dura Ace hs, Salsa cromo stem.

This thing is fast... :)

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
nice just ditch the rear brake
Its not fixed yet, don't have the wheelset built up (Level hubs laced to Velocity deep rims).

Here is some info from when the frame was first made:

"Spooky Makes A Road Bike

In a fit of sympathy, the masters at Spooky Cycles make their first ever road frame. Custom built for webmaster Ben Liaw of Power Solution, it was built to his custom specs using an Easton Elite tubeset (as found on the Darkside) in a special road size.

At only 2.7 lbs. for a painted frame, it is one of the lightest, most comfortable, and reponsive frames on the planet. Of course, Frank the Welder did all of the welding on it, Wendell masterfully machined the tubing, and the Electric Lime Green paint was applied by Ted.

Although only 17 lbs. as a complete bike, it is very durable as it has already seen race duty in Central Park. "I crash my brains out because of a big pile up in front of me just 1/2 mile from the finish and the Spooky didn't get a scratch!" Ben says.

The bad news that you CANNOT order a road bike since they are a paint in the bung-hole to build. Then again, they say money talks."

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice. How many bikes do you have now? Seems that whatever forum I'm in you've got a new one posted up. I wanna see a pic of all of 'em together.